Talk

Advanced search

yucky dd!

(7 Posts)
crkm Wed 17-Jun-09 20:25:38

dd is nearly 16 - exams are finished so she is staying in bed in the mornings. no real problem there. I go in to her to say goodbye and i realised that she is wearing her clothes from the day before in bed all night! have noticed it a few times. confronted her about it and she gets that 'stop picking on me' attitude! its like she thinks i am unfair for mentioning it! I think its disgusting - along with the rarely changing her undies, wearing her bras till they are black, never washing her make up off, not cleaning her teeth etc etc! She is so paranoid about her hair - it has to be perfect before she goes out - so how does she think the other stuff doesn't matter?

BitOfFun Wed 17-Jun-09 20:29:45

Hmm. Tough one. My dd (13) has a tendency to obsess about her hair and make-up then neglect to change her school shirt and not realize she whiffs like hormonal teenagers tend to. She is still young enough to take some notice of me nagging gently reminding her though, so I'm not sure what the answer is...

Tortington Wed 17-Jun-09 20:31:47

my dd - same age- can be exactly the same. i tell her to shower and change and won't take no for an answer.

some days its fine - lazy days - we all have them - but not more that one at a time.

crkm Wed 17-Jun-09 20:46:17

i've told her its not on, that its smelly and vile etc etc. thought i could guilt her into being clean!! its tied up with the whole attitude thing - and this 'i am my own person you cant tell me what to do!' god help me when the other three get to this age........ think i will leave home!

agingoth Wed 17-Jun-09 20:52:16

I remember doing exactly the same thing when I was her age, it would gross me out now of course!! HOwever I do remember still occasionally doing the same thing at university (as well as living in a room full of pint glasses full of old fag ends, etc). So it may take a few years for this to pass.

dramaqueen72 Thu 18-Jun-09 11:24:11

oh good, thought it was just my 14 yr old. i have just - for the nine thousandth time- blitzed her room and its was VILE. how exactly can they be so skanky and yet spend at least three hours on their hair????

sendacow Fri 19-Jun-09 11:23:57

lol, I'm sure they will all grow out of it. As long as they are good kids I dont think you should worry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now