Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for my 13 yo God-Daughter please!

(5 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Sun 14-Jun-09 21:24:03

She is intellectually sophisticated, wears make up and is quite girly. I don't have a huge budget (around £50) but I'd like to give her a couple of presents - I was thinking about something she can keep forever and something more instantly consumable. I want to give her something that reflects the fact she's growing up but I don't want to get it wrong, like my GM used to and end up buying something middle-aged rather than grown up!

The more I think about it the less I can decide and I'm now panicking which is making it worse!

What have you bought your girls, or what presents have they really loved at this age?

janeite Sun 14-Jun-09 21:26:10

For the consumable - Topshop vouchers or some better quality makeup - Urban Decay v good. Or a 'nice' perfume: dd1 likes the Kate Moss one.

For something to keep - maybe a modern looking jewellery box or a decent quality purse?

Tortington Sun 14-Jun-09 21:26:11

vouchers for clothes store or i tunes or hmv - and a small piece of jewellery maybe a silver bracelet engraved "love from aunty!"

janeite Sun 14-Jun-09 21:26:39

Or a box-set of lovely classics - Jane Austen maybe, or some poetry books?

thehouseofmirth Mon 15-Jun-09 21:58:05

Thanks!

In the end I went for this necklace, this bookand one of these!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now