Talk

Advanced search

aargh dd passed her driving test... now she's on her own!

(10 Posts)
brimfull Wed 27-May-09 18:28:01

fuck

so worrying

she's off to cinema and taking my car shock

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 28-May-09 01:49:03

I trust she got back OK?

Expect her to have a minor accident - probably not involving insurance companies - in the next few months. And try not to worry too much.

*bites fingernails*

I have two DSs, one has been driving for at least four years, the other passed his test almost a year ago. They have both had low-speed, no-real-damage-done incidents (yes, plural blush) in the first three to six months after they passed their tests. None of these accidents were in any way their responsibility, of course. hmm

It's a difficult time, when you have to recognise that your baby is all of a sudden an adult, with adult responsibilities, but you just have to bite the bullet!

smudgethepuppydog Thu 28-May-09 09:56:06

I know and understand your fear. DD has been driving for two years, DS has his test very soon shock.

missingtheaction Thu 28-May-09 10:03:46

horrible, scary. As old lady says, do expect a minor bump in the first six months and plan for it re. insurance claims etc, especially if she's going to be driving your car!

However, a year down the line I can honestly say ds is a fantastic driver - confident, smooth, sensible.

and now its payback time - your dd can fetch you home rata*d from parties at sillyoclock in the morning grin

Lilymaid Thu 28-May-09 10:07:20

DS1 rolled my car into a field - ended up upside down - within 10 days of passing his test and a week before he took Pass +.
DS2 has just passed his test and hasn't yet driven on his own (he's voluntarily grounded himself until his A2s end). I have more faith in his abilities than DS1, but am rather apprehensive!

Milliways Thu 28-May-09 13:42:43

DD has been driving since November, but only had the confidence to go out alone in last few months.

I don't know when I will stop worrying every time she goes out - especially if she is the one driving home at 3am from the clubs!

Loads of her friends have had accidents - in one case a lady drove into her friend and insisted it must be the Teens fault (it wasn't) just because she is a Teen!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 28-May-09 14:03:04

I'm actually glad when it's DS2 doing the 3am run - I know he doesn't drink and is sensible, even with his mates in the car. Some of his mates, however, I'd have more doubts about!

smudgethepuppydog Thu 28-May-09 14:30:32

La, la, la I'm not listening to all these tales.

<<hides under covers til DS is 101 and has been driving for years and years>>

brimfull Thu 28-May-09 15:59:07

I know she'll have a bump ...pray for just a wee bump.

She is crap at bay parking .

Am going to get her on the pass plus lessons asap.

She's driving herself to work tonight-very weird.

ajandjjmum Tue 09-Jun-09 16:30:00

DS passed his test at the end of March, and since then has been driving DD on their 50 mile round trip to school.

I was actually thinking this morning how much I had been dreading it, but I'm actually more relaxed now. They still have to phone me when they get there though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now