Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hello news to mumsnet I have a fourteen year old and a 7 year old they drive me crazy

(7 Posts)
marionjcam Tue 19-Apr-05 14:06:53

I need help with the age gap

marionjcam Tue 19-Apr-05 14:18:39

My ds is fourteen and dd is 7 and they fight and argue continually they are always constantly wanting attention and I am just exhausted with it

QueenEagle Tue 19-Apr-05 14:21:11

I'm sure I have all this to come. Mine are 13, 11, 9, 2 and 4mths. The older ones tend to help out though with the little ones so maybe I'm lucky.

Must be hard for you. Do they each have their own interests?

Sorry have to go now but will be back later this evening. Welcome btw, am fairly new myself too.

tabitha Tue 19-Apr-05 14:21:46

My dd2 is 14 and my ds is 7 (also have a dd1 0f 18 & a dd3 of 1) and they fight all the time too. In fact last time dh & I went away for a weekend without them (my mum was babysitting) dd ended up breaking her brother's collar bone.
Wish I could give you some advice but I haven't a clue what to do about mine either. You have my sympathy though.

marionjcam Tue 19-Apr-05 14:24:31

Yes they both have their own interests but feel as if they need two of me it is difficult to be in two places at once. Dad helps but it is mostly left to me to taxi

tabitha Tue 19-Apr-05 18:40:36

Just bumping this up for you

24hoursisnotenough Tue 19-Apr-05 20:50:09

You have my sympathy and support, I'm also new to MN and the reason I'm here is that my dd1 who is 14 and my ds2 who is 13 fight terribly. They are awful to each other sometimes - really hurtful. At the moment I'm trying: making their pocket money dependent on their behaviour towards each other, asking each of them if the other one has been ok with them. They seem to be co-operating a little better after just two weeks of this, I'm just hoping it will last.... I'll let you know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now