Talk

Advanced search

What do the girls wear to their end of year prom parties?

(12 Posts)
redsky Sun 28-Sep-08 21:52:24

I'm looking ahead to dd's school prom next summer and thought we might find something suitable in the shops between now and Christmas. But I'm confused because dresses that are called 'prom' dresses are apparently not what most girls wear. I've been told that they nearly all wear long dresses. Is that right?

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:21:33

In our school they wear adult style bridesmaid dresses like these but in the trendy colours.

anyfucker Tue 30-Sep-08 19:23:34

agree with strummer

you might find something in the xmas frock extravaganza

I know what you mean-"prom" dresses to me say knee length with cinched waist and full skirt

I have seen some girls wear these, but at my neices prom last yr they were mostly long full-on gowns

many girls bought them from the internet in the USA

mumeeee Tue 30-Sep-08 21:57:22

A lpt of girls wear dressws like strummers, But DD 3's prom a lot of them wore summer party dresses. You would be better to wait until spring before you buy onse as there wil be more dresses around then,

larry5 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:17:50

At dd's school prom some wore short "prom dresses" and some wore long. Mind you most of them had one dress for during the day and then another one for the evening disco.

You might look in tesco at the moment as at our local one they had plum coloured satin prom style dresses in which looked lovely.

brimfull Wed 01-Oct-08 13:20:03

dd wore a short prom dress from karen millen last yr

she was in the minority -which was what she wanted.

brimfull Wed 01-Oct-08 13:21:18

this is the one dd wore

brimfull Wed 01-Oct-08 13:22:31

oops

anyfucker Wed 01-Oct-08 20:46:01

luvverly dress, and I bet she stood out from the crowd, great colour

champagne14 Thu 02-Oct-08 14:29:11

Its worth finding out if they want to wear traditional long dresses or not. At my daughters prom/end of year do they all decided to wear knee length and they looked great really colourful not many black and it looked more modern than the traditional long dresses. Debenhams are good, also TK Max if you have one near you ( they are normally long and may be too mature in TK Max) My daughter got hers from Warehouse.

Pimmpom Fri 03-Oct-08 14:01:44

Love you dd's dress ggirl. This is exactly the type of dress (and colour) dd would like to wear next year. Most girls wore knee length one's around here.

findtheriver Sat 04-Oct-08 12:47:30

Long dresses. Tiaras are also popular. Oh and don't forget the limo to get there. Although if they're really cool they arrive on a tractor! Seriously!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now