Talk

Advanced search

Would you let 15 year old go to a theme park on the last day of the holidays

(8 Posts)
floaty Mon 01-Sep-08 20:20:38

ds1 15 tomorrow (we celebrated at the weekend)has been asked by a friend to go to thorpe park tomorrow (last day of holidays).Friends mum and dad and 2 brothers are going ,planning to leave about 8am back about 9pm.First reaction was no way he has to have early night for school but I know he would love to go,it is his birthday and they are good friends also he has no other plans ,not for want of suggestions but just hasn't wanted to get organised until yesterday and now most people are busy (we are taking a couple of friends and him to see spamalot in a couple of weeks time ).

We are pretty much ready for school should I say yes?!

janeite Mon 01-Sep-08 20:23:47

Yes - I doubt a 15 year old would be asleep before 10/10.30 as a minimum anyway. Let him go; it'll be a nice end to the hols for him.

findtheriver Mon 01-Sep-08 20:24:32

Of course you should!

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 01-Sep-08 20:25:56

He's old enough to get married and have a baby in precisely 12 months, yes, you should let him go to a theme park with his friend and their parents hmm

Hulababy Mon 01-Sep-08 20:30:02

Yes, I would let a 15y go. He can still be in bed by 9:30pm before bed, and I bet that is earlier than he'd be asleep normally anywa.

floaty Mon 01-Sep-08 20:34:19

Thanks ,clearly I am being ridiculuous !I thought I might be but somehow it is difficult to remember sometimes that he is 15 and not 10,time goes so quickly!Just hope his dad feels the same!he can be a bit more old fashioned about these things

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 20:37:02

Yes.

My DSs have Thorpe Park season passes and are the only members of the family to have them. If they are to go, it is either together or to meet up with friends.

The first day of school is not particularly strenuous, and you could get him to be prepared before he leaves for TP.

mumblechum Tue 02-Sep-08 11:22:15

Another yes, here, for all the above reasons. Hope he has a great day.

Your ds and mine share a birthday! Mine's 14 tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now