Talk

Advanced search

Holiday romance - they want to continue now they're home.

(7 Posts)
love2run Tue 19-Aug-08 10:00:24

My 13yo daughter met a 15 yo lad on hols & they had a great time for the 4 days they were together. Its the first bf my daughter has had and since we've been home, he has rung every night. I'm really not keen that this relationship continues as they live 150 miles apart and I think he's a bad lad. He got expelled from school (don't know why) and his bro is a cocaine addict, his dad had to pay off a £10000 debt for his bro. His ex got pregnant but he says it wasn't him but he took her to the abortion clinic, now he's getting grief from his ex's mum. Now he's asked my daughter if she can go on holiday with him and his mum. I've said no way as I've not even met his mum. My daughter seems to be fine about it, but I don't no whether to try and put a stop to the whole thing or just wait and see what happens and hope it fizzles out on its own. I don't want her to be angry with me, but I really don't trust this guy, nice as he seems on the surface. Can anyone PLEASE offer some advice? Thanks

Tortington Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:38

150 miules is a long way away, let them talk on the phone - so what - its safe and your daughter can have the crush

he sounds like a wrong 'un to be sure, i would just lie and say that you haven't got the money to let her go on holiday with them.

and if she wants to stay up there - then say that you are skint, or that the logistics wont work, you have no tax on your car - any lie.

just lie! grin

brimfull Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:39

god I would feel the same as you I think

I wouldn't let her go on holiday with them and hope it fizzles out.

fluffyanimal Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:56

I don't have any experience with teenagers but in your shoes I would say no to the holiday together but allow them to phone etc and it will probably fizzle out pretty quickly because of the distance.

BTW, how have you found out so much of his background if they were only together for 4 days? Could he possibly be spinning your daughter some yarns to make himself sound more "interesting"?

love2run Tue 19-Aug-08 10:09:20

He told her about being expelled but said it wasn't his fault. But l I have to say I did a really bad thing and read her diary. It sounds like he's besotted by her and was in floods of tears when he told her all this as he didn't want to lose her.

abouteve Tue 19-Aug-08 10:10:51

Agree that the phone relationship or MSN is OK and safe. I wouldn't let her go to him on her own. If she inisists on meeting him again could it be under your supervision?

Hopefully it will fizzle out without you having to interfere.

branflake81 Tue 19-Aug-08 10:59:11

I think it will fizzle out once they both get back into their normal "non-holiday" lives. I used to think I was madly in love every holiday, we used to write letters (this was way back in the day) but had usually stopped by mid-September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now