Talk

Advanced search

Who is awaiting exam results on Thursday?

(27 Posts)
Milliways Tue 12-Aug-08 20:46:14

AS & A level results are due soon! How many MNers have someone who will be receiving results?

DD has taken 5 AS levels and can't wait to drop one so she gets some free periods next year.

mumeeee Tue 12-Aug-08 21:23:05

DD2 will be getting her English A level result on Thursday. She has already got her BTEC Performing Arts results which is 2 alevels.. She got distinction and merit

Blandmum Tue 12-Aug-08 21:24:14

me! I'm worrying about 46 A2 results and 28 AS results!!!

Milliways Tue 12-Aug-08 21:36:37

Good Luck Mumeee

LOL Martian! grin

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Tue 12-Aug-08 21:39:48

lol MB. Ds is waiting on AS2 results.

Lilymaid Tue 12-Aug-08 21:43:28

DS2 awaiting AS results then off to Germany for a week. I don't think I shall sleep Wednesday night - he isn't as academic as his big bro but he thinks he will have done OK. We shall see.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Tue 12-Aug-08 21:46:51

My post should have said AS results. Between SATs, GCSEs and AS I'm losing my marbles.

ds2 is off to V-festival after picking up his results.

Milliways Tue 12-Aug-08 21:55:01

DD's French Exchange girl arrives tomorrow so will get to experience a hoard of teens opening their results at school and then going into town to celebrate/commiserate

ForeverOptimistic Tue 12-Aug-08 22:03:17

I am a real saddo, I always get really excited at this time of year. I will be up at the crack of dawn watching all the teenagers opening their results on GMTV. And no I don't actually know anyone receiving their results. blush

AbbeyA Tue 12-Aug-08 22:20:34

I think it will be a sleepless night on Wed-for me (DS doesn't have that problem-he is very laid back!)

tomal Wed 13-Aug-08 08:38:22

DD is getting A2 results tomorrow with a place at Reading Uni in the balance. DS1 getting his AS results, so it will be a very stressful house tomorrow at breakfast time!
Good luck to everyone!!

LollipopViolet Wed 13-Aug-08 18:37:10

I'm getting my Media Studies A Level result, except it'll be posted so won't know tomorrow (working). I've got my City and Guilds results, and my place at uni is confirmed because of them, so not really worried. Would like to do well though.

AbbeyA Thu 14-Aug-08 11:02:51

I hope that it went well for everyone. DS did his usual enough to get by (AS)which was a relief.

mumeeee Thu 14-Aug-08 11:16:48

DD2 has just phoned me she got a C in her English A levl and has now actually got a Double Distinction in her Performing Arts which is worth 2 A's. ( the results she got before were unofficial ones given by the college).
Good Luck everyone,

RustyBear Thu 14-Aug-08 11:29:49

How were DD's results Milliways? - is she still thinking of Exeter, as DD is now definitely going there (she got 5 As)so if she wants any inside info, just ask!

motheroftwoboys Thu 14-Aug-08 12:25:19

Have just gone and checked AS results for my DS1 and his mates who are at a festival in Portugal and no doubt have totally forgotten they come out today. Boys prob. still in bed. grin DS didn't do too bad D in Psychology angry Bs in Film STudies and Maths - so will resit one module of each which should take them up to As and A in Economics which is what he hopes to study. Would have helped if he had worked harder - or even worked. Have long list of results to text!

Lilymaid Thu 14-Aug-08 13:04:00

DS2 got 3 Cs and 1 D - but did best in the "harder" subjects such as Maths. We are pleased as we know that with a few resits he can achieve some Bs. If he had got the results he had hoped for, he might have taken things a little easy, now he knows that this academic year he will have to work hard. DS1 was a "never known anything apart from an A" kid so it has been hard for DS2.

Milliways Thu 14-Aug-08 16:30:25

DD got 5 A's (took AS Eng Lit, Maths, History, French & German) grin

Thanks Rusty - Exeter is still on her choice list, I will let you know.

Milliways Thu 14-Aug-08 16:31:10

and WELL DONE to Rustygirl too - that's a fab set of results.

themoon66 Thu 14-Aug-08 19:39:35

DS did his usual zero work and it shows... English B, History D, Law C and a U for physics. He was visibly shocked, so I hope he has learned his lesson about being lazy.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 14-Aug-08 19:54:54

ds2 got ABCD. smile

LollipopViolet Fri 15-Aug-08 10:14:24

got mine, really unhappy about it because I've been bombarded with my family telling me of people I knew at school getting 5 A's etc. And my brainy cousin is coming today so she'll probably have all A's in her AS levels. My one A Level result:

Reading the Media (53/90) D
Textual Topics in Contempory Media (67/90) B
Practical Production (34/120) U
Texts and Contexts in the Media (59/90) C
Independent Study (57/120) E
Comparitive Critical Analysis (48/90) D

316 overall, needed 360 for a C. Gutted. Really wanted to do well so I could prove I'm not just good at making films (parents think it's a waste of time doing a media degree, wanted me to do IT).

LollipopViolet Fri 15-Aug-08 10:15:10

Well done to everyone else though

Christie Fri 15-Aug-08 10:49:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MegSophandEmma Fri 15-Aug-08 15:33:32

LPdon't be to hard on youself Can you do thm again?

I am getting my gcse results next week shock not confident at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now