Talk

Advanced search

Gift idea for "how nice to see you, what lovely friends you are" girl, age 10 and boy, age 13?

(6 Posts)
Waswondering Fri 01-Aug-08 19:22:58

Ok, not strictly teenagers, but!

We have family friends that we see about twice a year and the parents are sooo lovely and very kind to our two, always appear with wonderful presents that are so appropriate.

We don't have to reciprocate in any way but would like to. Thing is, I feel a bit out of my depth with gifts for this age!

She is 10, tomboyish, into animals with aspirations of being a vet. Don't think I've ever seen her in anything girly/pink/dress except under extreme duress!

Her brother is 13 and a very nice chap - I don't know much about his interests (they live 200 miles from us!) but he really enjoys having a position of responsibility at gatherings, eg topping up glasses etc.

Seeing them next weekend and would like to have an appropriate token gift to hand over.

They have a Wii but not sure what I could get for around £5-£7 each? (I know, not much - like I say a token!). I got them Game vouchers before but slightly stumped as to what to get.

Anyone with dc of the same age - wisdom would be gratefully received!

Waswondering Sat 02-Aug-08 19:13:32

Bump?

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Aug-08 19:37:02

At that age, I think a fiver or tenner each would go down better than any gift!

Bink Sat 02-Aug-08 19:43:00

How extremely nice you are - no wonder you get the best of them too.

Not sure if this suits your budget (though with sales on it might) but ds (9, but size of 12+ year old) was thrilled with a Canterbury (NZ sportswear outfit) t-shirt for his birthday - thought it a really cool teenage-worthy present; and it was quite original - I find people rarely do clothes nowadays & when they do it's very welcome.

Equivalent for the girl might be a FatFace t-shirt or something from Gap?

Waswondering Sat 02-Aug-08 22:08:26

Fat face - now that is an idea!! Will peruse to see as it could be exchanged.

Thanks for that!

Waswondering Sat 02-Aug-08 22:08:28

Fat face - now that is an idea!! Will peruse to see as it could be exchanged.

Thanks for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now