Talk

Advanced search

washing [themselves], when do they start doing it unprompted?

(11 Posts)
sasquatch Sun 29-Jun-08 18:32:56

I just wanted to ask others when they could leave a teen or pre- teen to wash and bathe adequately unsupervised, my ds just sits in the bath.

thanks

pagwatch Sun 29-Jun-08 18:35:41

it is exactly one day after they meet a member of the opposite sex that they are attracted to.
Ds1 went from a cursory rub down when reminded to monopolising the bathroom and making it smell like a tarts bedroom in about ten seconds.
he has a girlfriend now and i can never get him out of the shower in the morning...

Hecate Sun 29-Jun-08 18:36:21

Ah. A boy. He won't wash at all until he discovers girls. Then he'll spend 8 hours every day scrubing himself in a bath filled with aftershave. You'll need this to sit in the same room as him.

Hecate Sun 29-Jun-08 18:36:52

lol. x posts with pagwatch.

see. It must be true! grin

pagwatch Sun 29-Jun-08 19:59:18

grin
I was ready for that issue with girls but having to beat DS to bathroom what most unexpected...

abouteve Sun 29-Jun-08 22:49:51

F knows for boys but for girls around 11.

sunnydelight Mon 30-Jun-08 08:59:04

DS1 started having a daily shower rather than a bath a few times a week once he started secondary school. He's now approaching 15 and I have to remind him that there are water restrictions here, otherwise he would cheerfully have two showers a day grin

sasquatch Mon 30-Jun-08 14:26:41

Hecate, I need that gasmask as it is now, ds stinketh and just laughs when I tell him he needs to wash. Roll on girls!

[not girls you apply underarm]

noddyholder Mon 30-Jun-08 14:38:45

My ds is 14 and I still have to tell him although he has a hair fixation and washes it a lot.Last week he was showering every morning for some reason and we thought there was a girl on the horizon but she must have disappeared because he is back to normal now ie stinky feet and filthy hands grin

fizzbuzz Tue 01-Jul-08 19:53:34

I'm still waitng for my ds not to need prompting. He's 14.............

maidamess Tue 01-Jul-08 19:55:26

My dd is 12 and washing is met with as much enthusiasm as pulling her toenails out with pliers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »