Talk

Advanced search

Not such a bad lad....

(6 Posts)
Nigellapleasecomedinewithme Thu 19-Jun-08 16:55:31

ds1 (15) made a lovely tray of Nigella (who else) cappucino cupcakes - mmmm lovely.....and he 'phoned up the hotel he did his placement at to get a job in the summer too. Collected two youngest DS 3&6 without being asked either.

What's he after???? wink

ivykaty44 Thu 19-Jun-08 16:56:34

can I have the recipe - please they sound lovely....smile

lilolilmanchester Thu 19-Jun-08 17:32:23

He's either after something, done something - or more likely just showing what a lovely boy he. Hopefully you've told him,as well as us, how thrilled you are with all of this? I find myself on my DS's back a lot of the time and wonder whether I make enough fuss of the good things he does. I find a lot of the toddler taming techniques work for teenagers too!!

Nigellapleasecomedinewithme Thu 19-Jun-08 19:55:43

Cappucino cupcakes - adapted from Nigella recipe in HTBADG;

125g SR flour
125g Soft butter or stork grin
125g caster
2 large eggs room temp.
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 heaped tablespoon of instant espresso
hint - don't use ordinary instantnot enough ooomph
2-3 tablespoons milk (may need more)

You can blitz everything in a food processor / mixer -or by hand except for the milk. Then add milk to get a good dropping consistency - tend to use more milk thanin original.
Pour into 12 bin muffin / cupcake lined tin (with paper cases) wink
Bake 20 mins at 200c gas 6.Will rise but not to the top and better if they are a bit flat at top so the topping goes on better. Allow to cool then ice;
80g white chocolate
40g butter - stork not so good here
90g soured cream or we tend to use the natural 'thick' greek yoghurt from Asda / sains.
130g sieved icing suagr
Melt choc & butter (microwave is good) - then cooll a bit. Mix in the sour cream / yog - then gradually add the sugar. Allow to cool a bit more to start to 'set'. It does firm up a bit but you can add more sugar if needed. Spread on top then dust with cocoa powder and voila - cupcakes - fab of course with the morning coffee. Note the original recipe the topping is almost double but makes way too much - not convinced all these are tested or greedy Nigella just scoffs the lot before adorning said cupcakes grin.

Enjoy!

ivykaty44 Thu 19-Jun-08 19:57:55

thank you for this thats great - my dd wants to bake at the weekend and I love coffee.

Shall get some expresso instant

ta smile

Nigellapleasecomedinewithme Thu 19-Jun-08 19:58:43

Have four DS - and tend to subscribe to the dog training approach for all children - keep them on a tight lead, be consistent with rules and clear boundaries, stick to what you say you will do and despite a few ups and downs they should be trained independant and a joy to be around (well most of the time smile)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »