Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lousey, theiving , little rat......

(12 Posts)
Mothernature Tue 11-Jan-05 10:53:51

Someone at my sons school is happily walking round with my sons new jacket on today, thanks to the teacher who made them leave their belongings outside the canteen @ dinnertime, whilst they went in the arts theatre for an exam...I am so furious, who in their right mind would make them put their posessions in a tempting place for a light fingered, theiving little rat....I have contacted the school and let my feelings be know I am still waiting for a reply...what if any is my position, should I contact the police or will the school do it as a matter of routine.?

Hulababy Tue 11-Jan-05 10:59:49

IME, I can't imagine the school will contact the police themselves.

It is fairly routine to leave bags and coats outside of the exam halls. I have also considered it a risk, but exam rules state that bags and coats cannot be with pupils in exams, and generally there isn't enough room within the halls. Not an excuse for what has happened, but it is fairly standard practise. I generally tell my classes to bring as little as possible to school with them during exams, and not to bring anything valuable. Bu I know this isn't always feasible, escpecially when in winter and they need coats.

Contact the school directly and discuss all the options of what to do next. Also ask what the school will do, i.e. policy changes, to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Sorry about what has happened

Mothernature Tue 11-Jan-05 11:10:01

Thanks for the reply hulababy - I understand why they should not be in reach if their bags, but the theatre is not that small, surely to goodness they could have put them in a far corner.... I am so..angry, yes, angry about this, they need to sort something out, its not on, common sense does not previal with some people.....arghhhhh....

jojo38 Sun 06-Feb-05 00:41:09

Hi
Just thought you should know that it happens everywhere.
Bought my then 13yo son TWO brand new sweatshirts (XXL at XX cost) and they disappeared within two weeks of the new term!! B*ards. As a "haha joke" he had his shoes taken at PE too. Never found again!! Now normally I would have a smile and got another pair but do they actually know how much I have to pay for size 14's!! I was not pleased to say the least. who would want a pair of smelly size 14s for goodness sake??!!

Its awful the way some kids/people can just take things that don't belong to them, and without conscience too!
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I remember that we had to leave bags at the front of the hall/room, never outside! What are the schools thinking of?

fostermum Sun 06-Feb-05 08:36:05

unfortunatly the kids that pinched the stuff proberly come from a house hold where its the norm

bonniej Sun 06-Feb-05 08:40:15

My son did the right thing and locked his coat away in his locker. Someone kicked it in and destroyed his coat!! I've contacted the school who say there are some cameras in the locker room and will try and find out who did it, but there's not much they can do. It was a quite expensive jacket that we bought for his 16th birthday but he thought it would be safe in his locker!

StuartC Sun 06-Feb-05 09:26:31

It'll be part or the thief's upbringing - he/she was probably given unpaid-for grapes at Tesco as they were wheeled around in the trolley...

I blame the parents.

SeaShells Sun 06-Feb-05 09:34:28

I totally agree StuartC! As my mum says, there's a generation of 'Thatcher's Children' raising kids today and not instilling proper morales in them! My DS got a brand new pair of gloves recently, he was in the school playground and a boy came upto him and just took them off his hands, they were never seen again! The teachers didn't do anything, teachers have very little power these days to do much at all anyway, if they accused a kid of thieving, they'd probably sue the school!

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 06-Feb-05 09:41:15

when i did my gcse eams, 8 years ago, we were told to leave our bags in our form rooms which would then be locked or lockers to which only the owner had the key, to avoid this very thing.

the school needs to rethink it's policy

coppertop Sun 06-Feb-05 09:53:45

I always wonder why the parents don't comment on the fact that their child has suddenly acquired an expensive brand new coat/bike/mobile etc. If I had come home on a stolen brand new bike you can bet your life my mum would've wanted to know where it came from - and would no doubt have dragged me back to where/who I'd stolen it from and made me give it back and apologise.

coppertop Sun 06-Feb-05 09:55:30

Perhaps I should add that she would've done the same even if the stolen bike wasn't brand new! Must preview.....

SeaShells Sun 06-Feb-05 09:58:50

The parents probably say 'good one son'!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now