Talk

Advanced search

DUAC anybodies teen got any good stories about it?

(6 Posts)
hennipenni Fri 02-May-08 17:33:15

Posting on behalf of DD(13), she has just been prescribed DUAC for acne and she wondered if anybodies DC have used it and whether it worked. Thanks

lazymumofteenagesons Fri 02-May-08 18:25:33

my son (16) has used it. It works but is quite strong. Can make skin red and inflamed at the beginning. If it does, stop using it for a bit and go back to it once redness has gone. He uses it at night, a thin layer wherever spots are and it does clear them.

hennipenni Fri 02-May-08 20:35:17

how long does it take for it to clear them up?

hippopotamouse Fri 02-May-08 20:48:35

I use this! I'm 25 and had an acne flare up after DD. It took about 2 weeks to clear and I think it's great!

Be careful with fabrics though, I got some on a t-shirt and it bleached it. Might also be worth using an old pillow case at night.

daughterofthem Sat 21-Jun-08 20:34:16

hey hennipenni my mum is making me help people as a punishment so here i am , duac is amazing it really works i got rid of my acne in 2.5 weeks i was really shcoked ! just keep at it everything will be fine
Jodi x

hennipenni Sun 22-Jun-08 21:02:45

daughterofthem whatever did you do? If my DD was helping people out on MN as a punishment she'd talk them to death grin, anyways DDs skin is clearing up really nicely with just the occasional outbreak from time to time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »