Talk

Advanced search

Help ... 16 year old daughter off the rails

(3 Posts)
Chezzasav Fri 08-Nov-19 13:19:22

16 yr old Daughter off the rails . Refusing to go college . 2nd college now and 3rd course! In with wrong crowd smoking weed constantly, not coming home occasionally. Police and social services involved . Marriage in tatters over arguments concerning her and her 12 year old sister caught in middle of it all . Camhs involved aswell for daughters anxiety and ptsd caused by years of her being bullied at school sad
Anyone help to keep me sane please and tell me everything going to be ok

OP’s posts: |
Esmerelda1988 Fri 08-Nov-19 13:31:02

It very likely will be. I have always worked with teenagers largely in the same circumstances as your daughter and with the right support they generally turn out ok. What I've seen work is having a professional involved who she gets on with and who can advise and influence her but I appreciate that's easier said than done! Also I would try not to turn your back on her. I've seen parents do just this to protect younger siblings and relationships and it doesn't normally help. You could have a look at some info on trauma and attachment, and adverse childhood experiences and see if there's anything that strikes a chord (I don't know if there might be or not) and that might help give you a different view on how to help. thanks

Chezzasav Fri 08-Nov-19 13:57:11

Thanks for that . She has a SW working with her now who is young and DD does seem to talk to her as SW been through a difficult childhood too. Unfortunately the last 2 weeks Sw been off work on holiday and sickness therefore DD gone even worse 😯
Thought got bus to college this morning... nope not arrived so obviously met with so called mates . She told me will be bk for 6.30 if not we have been advised to report her missing by ss! It's just a nightmare for everyone at the moment and has been for the last 2 years. She's going to be 17 in few months and we seem no nearer to helping her
I honestly think she is a sociopath
When googled it she is near enough everything it says on there 😔😱

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in