Talk

Advanced search

Why is DS having these weird dreams?

(5 Posts)
user20 Wed 10-Apr-19 23:30:24

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this thread.

Basically my 18 y/o DS has told me that recently he's been having weird/unpleasant dreams (not necessarily all at once, just within the last few months spread apart)

One dream was that he was in school one day and a staff member Came round to his classroom and broke the news to him that his aunt (my sister) had had an accident at her home and had died. She apparently had slipped in the bathroom and hit her head on the bathroom sink and her husband had called an ambulance but she wasn't able to be saved and died from a head injury.

He was always very close to his aunty in his childhood although he doesn't really talk with her that much as such.

Another one was that he was drink driving in my car and he was driving in the dark and the car was swerving all over the place and there was another car coming the other direction (he did not hit the other car) but he was worried that they'd have seen he was drunk, report him and he'd have his licence revoked.

(He told me he looked this up online and apparently it means he's losing control of his life - he is having issues with his A levels and isn't doing too well due to poor attendance caused by a mixture of issues and has had to drop a subject) although I don't know why that cause such a dream.

Another one was that our neighbours house went on fire during the night (he can't remember what else happened anymore)

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why he is having such dark dreams? They sound more like nightmares.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
ASauvignonADay Wed 10-Apr-19 23:36:53

I've had plenty of dreams like this. The sort you wake up and feel so relieved that it wasn't real! I'm not sure it means much, although maybe questioning morals in some way? Part of him growing up?

user20 Wed 10-Apr-19 23:41:17

@ASauvignonADay yes he has said that he thought they were real and that he actually woke up questioning himself whether these scenarios actually happened or not

OP’s posts: |
EBearhug Wed 10-Apr-19 23:51:43

Weird dreams with me usually indicate I'm stressed or worrying about something - what is in the dream subject could be entirely unconnected.

Mumof1andacat Wed 10-Apr-19 23:53:52

Sounds like anxiety and stress are coming out in his sleep

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in