Talk

Advanced search

What's 'normal' for mood swings?

(3 Posts)
Trampire Thu 20-Dec-18 08:20:00

My dd is soon to be 14. She's happy at school (normally), has friends, manages to stay out of petty friendship squabbles, does well at school etc.

The only issue we have at the moment is that we're waiting for a neurology appt on the 28th for some strange problems she's been having which could possibly be a form of epilepsy.

In the last few months she's had bouts of moods where she feels really low, tearful. This last about a week then she's fine again. This week she's in another 'low'. She says she has an 'anxious' tummy ache but can't understand why.

My question is, is this normal puberty hormone stuff? I think her poor brain has been going through so many changes this past year. I want to know if it's perfectly normal, or linked to her health problems?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Dec-18 18:04:45

Gosh I don’t know on that one sorry, my DD is a bit younger. Has she always been anxious?

Helplessfeeling Thu 27-Dec-18 21:54:46

It is very hard to tell if it is hormonal or due to the epilepsy. I think it is a question for the neurologist as a starting point. My DC is in a similar position, it is very difficult. Your DD is probably very frightened about the possible diagnosis which won't help either. Hang in there, I hope you get some answers!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in