Talk

Advanced search

Soap Making kit too young?

(5 Posts)
sunmonkey Tue 11-Dec-18 11:33:45

Is a soap making kit too young for a nearly 12 year old (going on 16) She's more into makeup and clothes but would like to give her something different...and I know she enjoys being creative as she was making ot of home-made slime a year ago and she's always enjoyed more artsy things. She has adhd which she takes medicine for. Is there a good one out there that's not too childish that anyone can recommend? I spent ages looking for some last night online (will have to be online as I live in another country). Its for my neice. Thank you!

sunmonkey Tue 11-Dec-18 11:40:06

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DPCMHXH/ref=crt_ewc_img_oth_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8

was thinking of this one

and was inspired by this

itsblossom.com/diy-soap-foods/?fbclid=IwAR2ImmFyly7gruK_ASoYatr63-sxDIhFwb4hRwxXr6UhBzko64SX0-sBIC8

Sadik Tue 11-Dec-18 18:11:05

I'd say it's marginal. DD would have liked it at 12, but she was quite a young 12. The one you've linked also does look as though it's aimed at quite a young age group.
I wonder if something like this or these bath bomb kit might be more appropriate - bath bombs are perhaps more 'cool', and also the kits have a more adult look.

If you did want soap making particularly, maybe this again is a bit more grown up looking.

TranmereRover Tue 11-Dec-18 18:19:03

I've done a lot of research on this as DD (11) has asked for a kit for Christmas. This one from M&S looks much more grown up - www.marksandspencer.com/cyo-soap/p/p60193954?&pdpredirect and a bargain at a tenner, otherwise these (also some good ones on Etsy): www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/soap-making-kits-cold-process

sunmonkey Tue 11-Dec-18 20:28:18

Thanks Sadik yes I was thinking bath bombs might be better and those are both nice.
Thanks also Tranmere they look nice. M&S one - didn't realise they would have some and that's a good price. I will check out the Soap kitchen and Etsy as well. Its always nice when you can read reviews and Etsy is good for that. Won't get the amazon one as I agree its too young looking for her. Amazing how long you can spend trying to find soap kits! The bath bombs with the petals are nice though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: