Talk

Advanced search

Missing college.

(3 Posts)
magoria Fri 07-Dec-18 17:43:42

How do I deal with this?

DS is 17 and in his final A level year. Predicted good grades. Does nothing else to really complain about. A bit of a slob but no drinking, smoking etc.

I wake him up every morning (open the door and check there is life) and then call every from work to make sure he has woken up and he just rolls over and goes back to sleep afterwards.

I have cut off his internet. If I get home and he has been at college all day I will turn it back on.

At the end of the day I have told him that it is down to him but it is so frustrating.

OP’s posts: |
VioletCharlotte Fri 07-Dec-18 17:46:21

My DS does this too. It's infuriating isn't it? I've come to the same conclusion as you that it's up to him 🙄

Squeegle Sun 09-Dec-18 09:10:09

I guess it is up to him really. I think it’s hard for us as mothers to hand over that responsibility (and the possibility of failure) to our children. But doing things wrong is how we learn. And he will suffer the repercussions if he doesn’t go in.
I have a similar situation with a 14 year old. It is very difficult- and he is obviously younger. But am having to change and adapt my own behaviours in order to allow him to take on responsibility. Not easy.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in