Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else’s teen sharing the misery of going back to school with the whole family

(5 Posts)
Fourscoreandtwitter Tue 04-Sep-18 13:02:00

Dd is going into year 11. She had a lovely day out with a friend yesterday. Came home and was vile. Now slouching about with a metaphorical cloud over her head being taciturn and rude. Such fun. Am trying not to react as I know it is because she’s not looking forward to going back to school.

Conversely her younger (but teenage) brother is being annoyingly cheerful - on purpose of course. The worse one behaves, the better the other is. Hard to know who is more irritating grin

<bites tongue>
<mentally grrrrrrrrrrrs>

OP’s posts: |
seventhgonickname Tue 04-Sep-18 22:56:33

Yep.Same here and to make matters worse after spending ages finishing some of her homework(last minute)she's discovered she done the wrong thing and is busy doing several days work in a few hours.
I am dreading this year as she and I know it's going to be tough and if last year's year 11s are anything to go but there will be after school classes in everything.
There dies need to be a serious rethink about the amount of subjects they have to take(a compulsory 10 In dds school)They would be better with 8 which can be fit into the school timetable so that pupils and teachers finish at a reasonable time.
The teachers already have extra marking for yr 11s and the children have heavy amounts if homework so running school until 5pm to get through the curriculum is crazy.

Fourscoreandtwitter Wed 05-Sep-18 21:15:58

Argh! Nightmare. Mine is ok today but as is standard teenage policy don’t know which version of her I will get in the morning!

Justgivemesomepeace Wed 05-Sep-18 21:25:03

Mine was awful last night. She was being a right drama queen and kept me awake moaning to her friends and making videos about how much she was dreading school. Also going back to yr 11.
She bounced in after school today, full of stories about what she done, who's classes she was in, did her homework straight away and clearly had enjoyed herself.
I agree with PP about the workload expected. 35 hrs of exams and extra lessons every day after school. Then home to more work. It's crazy. I don't know how she's going to cope with it all. It's worrying.

Fourscoreandtwitter Thu 06-Sep-18 07:17:47

Ewwwwww. Mine’s awful this morning. Stomping around, fighting with her brother, generally spreading the love! Still, never mind a) she’ll be going to school soon grin b) she will have a personality transplant as soon as she reaches the bus stop and is with her peers! Meanwhile back at home I shall be having a nice, quiet cup of tea <happy sigh>. Agree about the amount of work btw - going to be a bit of a miserable year in that regard.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in