Talk

Advanced search

How would you feel if your children went to a party and you knew the parents took drugs?

(5 Posts)
Nooblynoo Sat 09-Jun-18 14:32:12

Sister in panics as her teenagers have been invited to a party and she's heard the parents take drugs. I asked her how she knew and she said because I've been told. I explained that hearing something isn't the same as seeing something, but do the drug talk with the children and be adult. What are your thoughts??

OP’s posts: |
chocolateworshipper Sat 09-Jun-18 15:32:15

I completely agree with hearing something isn't the same as knowing something. However, DD went to a party where the parents took drugs (I had no idea) and ended up in an ambulance. The parents were in no fit state to supervise.

lljkk Sat 09-Jun-18 15:43:30

Depends on..
age of my teens & the other teens
character of teens, potential to be sensible, aspirations to not screw their own lives up
other teens there
what kind of drugs
what kind of drug habit -- every day or very occasional
reliability of the info
cost of the drugs

I was a teen druggie, tbh, so am probably more relaxed than some ppl would be. I have teens who hate drugs & think they're totally stupid. grin

titchy Sat 09-Jun-18 15:44:54

Even if the parents do (and i wouldn't be convinced based on hearsay) I doubt they're going to be mainlining in the kitchen amongst the partying teens.

Would your sis feel any better if they were paralytically drunk instead?

WeAllHaveWings Sat 09-Jun-18 16:09:13

I would not condone ds going to a party, while he is still a child, where there is a possibility of drugs in the house. When he is an adult he needs to make his own choices.

I doubt they're going to be mainlining in the kitchen amongst the partying teens.

Who knows if they've got the sense to be clean while hosting this party, if you don't know the parents and the only information you have on them is they are drug users you need to go with the reasonable assumption they don't make good or rational decisions.

Their child may be aware of their drug taking and show the other children the hidden stash to show off, and some one just might be daft enough to give them a go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in