Talk

Advanced search

Teeth brushing

(4 Posts)
AccidentallyRunToWindsor Mon 02-Apr-18 13:42:16

My 13 year old DSD just doesn't brush his teeth unless we ask him to- is this normal?

When we ask why he shrugs (standard response to all questions currently) and to be frank, his breath is disgusting. I worry about him being bullied at school for it.

He claims to not forget when he is at his mums, though she doesn't enforce teeth brushing/going to the dentist so I don't imagine its a big deal to her if he doesn't do it.

I'm a bit stuck as to what to do- I just feel he's too old for me/ His dad to have to ask him to do it all the time!

OP’s posts: |
Zebrasmummy Mon 02-Apr-18 15:51:37

Keep asking/reminding. I still do it for my 17 and 15 year olds. Should I have to? Probably not! Am I willing to stop and feel even a tiny bit responsible if they have bad teeth and huge dentist bills they can ill afford later? No! Also, I'd rather it was me that tells them as nicely as poss that their breath is smelly than a school bully who won't be so nice about it. They hate it though 😁. I don't care and keep going 😍

NorthernSpirit Mon 02-Apr-18 21:01:24

My 12 (almost 13) year old DSD won’t brush her teeth or wash unless reminded and nagged. Won’t do it off her own back and will lie about doing it. Drives me nuts. Especially as she’s so make up and selfie obsessed. I’m hoping a bit of peer pressure will kick in soon.

AccidentallyRunToWindsor Tue 03-Apr-18 16:20:09

I'm glad it's not just him then- was starting to worry he was a grubby bugger.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in