Talk

Advanced search

13th party ideas please!

(10 Posts)
Tatapie Sat 10-Mar-18 15:30:09

Hi dd is 13 soon, lots of her friends having discos but we're looking for alternatives for say 12 kids, she's done roller skating, spa and doesn't like cinema. Thanks

Kenworthington Sat 10-Mar-18 15:32:26

Oh. I was coming in to say a massive disco! Dd has 80 in a huge hall with disco and photo booth. It’s still talked about amongst her friends. Sorry that’s not helpful! It wasn’t as stressful as I thought it would be and also not expensive (well apart from the photo booth which was extortionate!!)

Kenworthington Sat 10-Mar-18 15:33:06

Trampolining party?
Day trip somewhere?
Meal out?

SheldonandPenny Sat 10-Mar-18 15:35:16

Mine would like Boingzone, maybe Laser quest still. 12 x 13 yr olds is the tricky bit. If there were fewer, mine would want a trip to Alton Towers. A friend had considerably fewer and did a trolley around Primark and a pizza.(Presumably there was a max trolley total per girl, but I didn't ask). Another friend did a costume/fancy dress party and the girls came as strange Japanese(?) characters (Anime?) Depends what they're into.

Tatapie Sat 10-Mar-18 16:52:00

Hmm maybe fewer and a real treat then or go all out disco! She goes to a small school so not sure she'd get 50 people and not worried about the kids but the dj plus hall hire plus photo booth ( they are fab!) would be nearly £400. shock thanks for the ideas

sandycloud Sat 10-Mar-18 16:55:55

My daughter hired a hot tub. It fitted 8. Then we got to use it too. One year we also hired a bell tent and they slept in the garden.

Penguinsandpandas Sat 10-Mar-18 17:02:57

DD did snowboarding for her 12th at one of the indoor ski centres, that was £25 a head, min 10 and we did 10 incl her and her brother.

Dancergirl Tue 13-Mar-18 13:33:00

Party at home? My dds have done early Saturday evening at that age say from 6-9pm. Pizza, DVDs to watch, fun games that are good for big groups (Articulate, Pass the Bomb). They can mix their own cocktails - get coloured plastic glasses and lots of different juices/soft drinks. Or make their own ice cream sundaes.

Tatapie Tue 13-Mar-18 21:26:33

Like the mixing mocktails! Thanks

Titsywoo Sat 17-Mar-18 12:23:16

We did a smaller party - 4 friends. Took them to a big shopping centre and gave them £20 each. That kept them happy for 4 hours and they managed dinner out of that money too. Then home for a sleepover with popcorn and a couple of films (Mean Girls etc). Cheap but they all loved it and want to do the same this year. The other option i was looking at is young driver lessons. They do party bookings and have centres all over the country.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: