Talk

Advanced search

Help me - 9 year old DS suffering anger issues

(10 Posts)
WhereDidAllTheWashingComeFrom Wed 07-Feb-18 18:07:04

My normally lovely 9 year old boy is really struggling with anger issues. He is usually a polite, well mannered boy but currently isn't sleeping well and consequently has a short fuse. There are a couple of other boys in his class who like to wind him up and when he asks them to go away they carry on and taunt him and follow him and he gets more and more angry. I'm worried he will lash out and although we've talked about it a lot, he says he just can't help himself when he gets wound up like this. Any ideas? Is it just hormones starting? WWYD?

Northernparent68 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:52:55

Ask the teacher to keep an eye on them, regular exercise might help

WhereDidAllTheWashingComeFrom Wed 07-Feb-18 19:05:48

He is quite active, cycles or scoots to school and back every day. A cub scout, long walks with the dog etc

Northernparent68 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:10:58

that makes his anger harder to understand, I’m sure you’ve tried talking to him. Would he open up to anyone else in your family ? Or is there a school counsellor ?

WhereDidAllTheWashingComeFrom Wed 07-Feb-18 22:01:10

I'm going to try the school after half term. Just don't want him getting into trouble or to think that violence is a good answer!!

Northernparent68 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:09:51

Has there been a big change in his last fe, or is he being bullied ?

WhereDidAllTheWashingComeFrom Thu 08-Feb-18 20:50:53

Not being bullied, he's a popular boy. There are a couple of other boys who do like to push it with him but at other times they are best mates! His father and I divorced 5 years ago and he's been remarried 3 years already and I've been with my partner since August. I was worried be might not be adjusting to me having a boyfriend when its been just me and him for many years - do to think that could be it?

twinkletoedelephant Thu 08-Feb-18 20:53:14

Ds2 is 9 he has add and we found the book there's. Volcano in my tummy usefully to help him understand his anger and how to diffuse it.... It's a work in progress

Northernparent68 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:26:27

I mean this nicely but it might well be because you have a partner, would one to one time with you and his father work

WhereDidAllTheWashingComeFrom Fri 09-Feb-18 15:19:56

Northern - its OK. I do have lots of one to one time too but perhaps i need to make more of a fuss of it.
Twinkle - I'll have a look at that,

thanks both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now