Talk

Advanced search

What age is ok

(6 Posts)
ChocoMunchi Mon 05-Feb-18 20:02:20

Looking at planning a little two night get away and contemplating do I need to ask someone else to come and stay with my older children or are they old enough to manage on their own? They are 17 (nearly 18) 17 and two 15 year olds

Ickyockycocky Mon 05-Feb-18 20:04:39

Only you know your children. How responsible are they? Will they fall out? Will they be able to cook for themselves? Will they remember to lock up if they go out? Will they have a party?

CupcakeWithIcing Mon 05-Feb-18 20:15:06

If you can trust them not to trash your house and lock up properly then go ahead. They're basically adults so I'm assuming they can cook/clean/laundry and get themselves to school/college.

JDilla Thu 15-Feb-18 00:47:18

One of them is nearly an adult, I'm sure they've learned how to look after themself and their siblings by now. It's only for 2 nights anyway so if you can trust them then I'd say don't get someone to watch them, it will only break the trust between you and them.

alotalotalot Thu 15-Feb-18 00:50:00

Mine could at that age but they probably wouldn't be keen to stay with each other

ChocoMunchi Thu 15-Feb-18 18:48:18

They are quite sensible and as long as I leave stuff I know they can cook I'm sure they'll be fine.
Think the biggest problem will be one of the remembering to take the dog for walk!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: