Talk

Advanced search

Second hole ear piercing too close together

(4 Posts)
Allaboutwinter Sat 13-Jan-18 20:06:15

DD (17) just had her second hole ear pierced a few days and she's been in tears. She thinks the holes are too close together and that she'll only be able to wear tiny earrings.

Have we left it too late to take the earrings out and for them to close up now?

wowbutter Sat 13-Jan-18 20:07:24

I'm not sure about your question, t I thought I'd offer some sympathy.
My ear ring holes are too close together, I can either wear two small earths, or wear one big stud type one and a hoop, or dangly one.
It doesn't bother me much anymore.

HidingFromTheWorld Sun 14-Jan-18 17:16:15

My 15yo DD had second piercings done in July at our hairdressers, which turned out to be too close together and were a nightmare with regards healing. We regretted our decision to have them done at that particular venue quite quickly as they looked wrong. The beauty therapist who’d done them insisted they were in the correct place.

We took them out after 5 weeks, let them heal and, in October, took her to a well regarded tattoo studio where they undertook the piercings in the correct locations. They look much, much better and you can barely notice the original second holes.

I’d remove the earrings ASAP and seek advice.

NewYearNiki Sun 14-Jan-18 17:18:58

Days?

I remember the advice being it takes 6 weeks for a permanent hole to form.

If it has been mere days just take it out now and let it heal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: