Talk

Advanced search

First broken heart

(4 Posts)
Footdrama Fri 01-Dec-17 13:12:12

Ds has split from his first proper girlfriend, she ended it with him a week ago and he is devasted.

I’ve tried all I can to support him. We’ve had some pretty deep conversations that he says are helping, but my heart is breaking for him. He is very mature for his age (17) and says most of his friends have no respect for women, which he struggles with as their support is all about meeting someone else, playing the field (my ex told him this.)

He is sensitive, as am I, so although I can relate well to how he feels I feel so upset for him.

Not sure why I’m posting but feel better for sharing.

nuttyknitter Fri 01-Dec-17 13:19:47

It's the hardest thing. So much easier when they're little and you can put a plaster on it and kiss it better. He'll really appreciate that you're recognising his feelings and are there for him - it's all you can do

Teenageromance Sat 02-Dec-17 00:00:05

Just want to say that I think there are a fair few lads who are looking for deeper relationships and don’t want to ‘play the field’. I’m actually quite surprised given the culture entry grow up in that

Teenageromance Sat 02-Dec-17 00:01:26

I meet a number of teenage boys who are very respectful of women and wanting something more long term.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: