Talk

Advanced search

punishment for 15yr old?

(4 Posts)
bambambini Sat 11-Nov-17 00:18:22

Generally a good and agreeable kid. Gave me dome cheek, mouthy, refused to back off and go to his room so challenging my authority. He then rampages a bit in his room stomping, slamming etc. Just realised he bust a door in his room but denies it. Manipulates and pushes my buttons and admit i end up shouting (screaming) which isn’t great.

Question is - as he lives by his phone and xbox - that’s the only punishment he takes notice of and what i resort to. Just wondering how others desl eith discipline and if there are other more successful methods. Sometimes I’m do crap at this parenting lark.

GreenTulips Sat 11-Nov-17 00:21:04

Get quote so for the door to be repaired and ask that he either gets a job, sells some games or does work around the house to pay for the damage

If he's rinse etc - ignore the next 3 requests - nonhe cant go out with friends, no he can't have a lift etc .... you would do these things if an adult was rude to you

bambambini Sat 11-Nov-17 00:28:44

Thanks - that’s very useful and makes sense

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:07:37

He's 15 - "challenging your authority" (which sounds very dictaorial) is par for the course - seeing how far he can go with a "safe" adversary. Youve admitted he is a good kid and you end up screaming- so you are not modelling how to manage anger
But breaking stuff needs consequences so he should fix or pay for it to get fixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now