Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fashionable clothing for teen daughter

(17 Posts)
Shesaysso Mon 06-Nov-17 18:18:50

So anyone know what's in fashion for 13/14 year old girls? I thought Jack Wills was cool but apparently not.

Are Adidas superstars and 3 stripe track suits still in fashion or have they been replaced by some other trend? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

lljkk Mon 06-Nov-17 21:52:21

16yo DD still has Jack Wills shirt, so it MUST be fashionable. wink
I will try to ask her for advice tomorrow. She'd be the first to say where what you feel confident in, though.

gingerbreadmam Mon 06-Nov-17 21:55:48

Superdrug. Hype. Yes to superstars and gazelles. poppers are back in shock

noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 07-Nov-17 10:23:25

It will completely depend on her peer group - one teen’s idea of ultra-cool would be another’s ‘wouldn’t be seen dead in’

What are her friends wearing?

exexpat Tue 07-Nov-17 10:27:27

Speaking as the parent of a 15-year-old, I would say that they all have completely different ideas of style - I would never dare to actually pick something for DD. If you are looking for something as a gift, a gift voucher or cash would be much safer.

Shesaysso Tue 07-Nov-17 17:02:59

She tends to shop in New Look as do most of her friends I think. I was hoping to get her something a bit more expensive/ special for Christmas but don't really have a clue. Think it might have to be vouchers.

BeyondThePage Tue 07-Nov-17 17:06:27

DDs15 +16 - New Look, TopShop, Primark... and on line boohoo and ASOS

betta Tue 07-Nov-17 17:30:41

Misguided and Asos are very popular (online), topshop, river island, Adidas and Nike. Although the safest option is to get vouchers or some ‘fashionable’ trainers from JDsport. A lot of female students in my college classes all seem to wear the black and white herringbone laces vans.

gateto Tue 07-Nov-17 17:36:11

Lots of the brands on ASOS are good to go with. Monki has become really popular, and is also quite well priced. Its the sort of trendier version of H&M/New look

ghostyslovesheets Tue 07-Nov-17 17:36:19

dd 2 - 13 has asked for Joni super ripped jeans and Nike Air force trainers for Christmas if that helps

ihatethecold Tue 07-Nov-17 17:38:45

Yes top shop high waisted skinny’s are popular.
Nike ankle socks
Voucher for top shop will probably be appreciated.
It depends what her mates wear really.

gingerbreadmam Tue 07-Nov-17 18:34:15

What about some topshop skinnies and a nice branded hoody? Nike, converse, Jack wills, Hollister or ivy park at topshop?

Justbookedasummmerholiday Tue 07-Nov-17 18:40:00

H&M

Shesaysso Tue 07-Nov-17 19:06:54

Thank you! This is all really helpful.

LemonysSnicket Tue 07-Nov-17 19:14:20

Stranger Things clothes, Zara, Adidas original and Nikes in neutral/grey tones.

notafish Tue 07-Nov-17 19:14:49

DD is mostly an H&M fan but covets Top Shop, Hollister, Brandy Melville when it's birthdays or she has some money to spend. I'd say Top Shop is probably the tge safest, most universal brand across different schools, regions and ages of teen. But I have little real knowledge in this arena!

redtulip12 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:24:10

My 12 year old likes hollister and addidas.
My 14 year old likes Superdry and Nike
I would see what her peer group wear as it does seem to differ!
Topshop Joni jeans are a great idea though. Both mine love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now