Talk

Advanced search

Coping strategies for teenage girl snottiness

(4 Posts)
Teenageromance Fri 27-Oct-17 22:31:19

I have a teenage daughter and two sons. All are teenagers but it is the eye rolling and snotty attitude of my daughter that is getting me down. I am very patient and tolerant but I’m getting pushed more and more and it is the total disdain for anything I do that is irritating. So how do you cope and do they come out of it or do daughters just always get exasperated with their mums.

Fanciedachange17 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:35:00

I'll hold your hand. I can't help as in the middle of it all myself. Well one DD still loves me but she hasn't quite hit 13 yet. Hang in their OP I'm sure it gets better...

AppleKatie Fri 27-Oct-17 22:39:01

My DC are younger but I work with teens.

I would answer distain with humour- just refuse to take it seriously. Like she can't possibly be doing X or looking down her nose at Y because that would be utterly ridiculous and you know she isn't really that rude...

Goose11 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:44:19

Hang on in there. I have two teenage daughters, aged 19 and 14. The oldest was a mare between 13 and 17 but is now fantastic. The youngest is chuffing awful - she’s gone from being my little shadow to some kind of cursed, devil creature. I can’t do anything right, she’s pretty obnoxious a lot of the time. But I live in hope that having survived one teenage daughter, I can make it through this storm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now