Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teen Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Nic750 Fri 27-Oct-17 12:58:02

my Daughter (age 18) has told me she has got pregnant, she has the inplanon and has been with her boyfriend 2 years, I'm not quite sure how to react to the news. ive let her know ill support her decision regardless, was that the right thing to do?

Taylor22 Fri 27-Oct-17 12:59:28

She needs to get to the Drs quickly. I was informed that the progesterone increases the chances of an ectopic pregnancy.

PsychoPumpkin Fri 27-Oct-17 13:07:45

Of course that was the right decision, she’ll need your support, but it doesn’t have to be financial support.

I was pregnant at 18 and my parents freaked out at first but by the end of the pregnancy they were completely on board. Mum was my birth partner and Dad was a very proud granddad when he visited us at the hospital.

I stayed at home for 6!weeks after the birth, and they let me get to grips with parenting and only helped when I asked for help. They helped me search for an affordable flat and apply for benefits (the citizens advice bureau is a good place to start if you want to know what she’s entitled to). They helped me move and waved me off and I was a single parent for a few years, got myself employed and my child at pre school.

I’m married now with two more children and I’m so grateful for the support they gave but most of all I’m glad they gave me a gentle nudge from the nest and made me responsible for my own choices.

MummaDeeDee Sat 28-Oct-17 23:11:31

How does she feel about it? You’ve done the best thing by saying you’ll be there no matter what. Take her to the doctors and talk talk talk. Good luck, it’s so important having your support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now