Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I think my step daughter has taken some money from my purse

(16 Posts)
Lostmum72 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:53:41

I had 4 new £10 notes in my purse, my bag was open on the side, next to my bag was baking stuff my dsd had bought earlier. She was in the kitchen for some time and quiet, that

Santawontbelong Thu 26-Oct-17 19:54:36

Anyone else at home?

Lostmum72 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:59:15

Sorry it posted too quick.......that’s when we start to think she’s up to something, after a while my dp went into the kitchen to find her starting to do the baking, didn’t really think anymore of it till in the morning I went to my bag and 3 of the notes were lying on top of my purse ? I didn’t leave it like that?! I know the new £10 notes are very springy so maybe they all popped out and she was disturbed. I don’t know but I don’t know what to do about it. I have a suspicion but no proof. If it was my own dd I may well ask her but when it’s your step daughter it’s dangerous ground to start accusing! What should I do? Just let it go?

RestingBitchFaced Thu 26-Oct-17 20:02:34

I think she must have taken it, but obviously you can't accuse her without proof. Could you ask her if she knows anything about the money being on top of the bag? You will know from her reaction if she guilty

Santawontbelong Thu 26-Oct-17 20:04:44

Ask her and dh together if anyone has borrowed a tenner from your purse. . Asking outright will get an instant denial. .

Hassled Thu 26-Oct-17 20:05:46

You don't need to accuse, you can just ask. "SD, you didn't happen to knock my bag by accident or anything, did you? Because I had some tenners in my purse and now they're on top of it - it's really odd, isn't it?" And see how she responds. Does she need the money - is she getting pocket money?

Lostmum72 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:16:05

It’s a bit difficult to bring up now though as she’s at her mums, we won’t see her till Monday. Maybe I should just say in passing when in the kitchen after school if she remembers seeing any money there or something like that?

Lostmum72 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:17:01

At least that way she’ll know I’ve noticed?!

Santawontbelong Thu 26-Oct-17 20:21:12

Text her dm to remind her she owes you a tenner. . (dsd not the dm)

Lostmum72 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:33:13

But isn’t that accusing her?

Evergreen777 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:55:13

I'd text DSD direct and ask her if she's seen a tenner lying about. She may say no, but at least she'll realise it was noticed and hopefully not so it again.

Don't involve her DM unless you're close to her, as she'll likely just be defensive.

Or if you're really sure she took them simply tell her when she's next at yours that you know she did, and she must pay it back and apologize

Lostmum72 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:45:18

No way would I involve her Mum! But I might just ask dsd if she’s seen it, she will say no but at least she’ll know I’ve noticed

HamSandWitches Fri 27-Oct-17 23:57:11

The new notes are a nightmare especially when they are brand new. They spring out of the till at work and one sprung out the door pocket of my car. Make sure you haven't lost it before you ask her.

HamSandWitches Fri 27-Oct-17 23:59:14

Surely if she pinched it she wouldn't leave the purse open, seems strange to me

Lostmum72 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:32:32

Well u could be right ham, this is why I’m doubting myself, did they just jump out my purse or did she get disturbed and left it, as there’s still £10 missing and hadn’t moved my bag since I put it in there but there is a possibility she didn’t take it so I agree I have to very careful.

HamSandWitches Sat 28-Oct-17 15:12:46

It's a tricky one if you knew they were there and they had sprung out the purse then they would be there on the floor or down the side plus why is your purse open. I would make sure I went back and closed the purse and put it back if it was me. I would maybe say nothing but keep and eye, if she has took it and got away with it she might try it again but this time you will be watching and know what's there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now