Talk

Advanced search

Can't keep anything for long - luckily his head is nailed on!

(10 Posts)
Fekko Mon 23-Oct-17 17:23:42

My 13 year old is driving me nuts. We are currently searching for his phone, watch and pencil case.

Can you teach someone to be more careful? Or can anyone tell me - if you were a new watch, where would you hide?

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Oct-17 17:29:40

DS1 went through a phase like that. We ended up buying a plastic box. Which as soon as he got home anything like money, bank card, watch, etc would be put in. It worked quite well.

New watch, I would look in jacket pockets, under bed and down the side of furniture.

tempstamos Mon 23-Oct-17 17:36:02

My 14 year old DS is the same.
Came home Friday from school in his PE shoes because he lost his actual school ones!?
He’s starting to get more frustrated than me though, because I don’t really care if he’s lost his phone, wallet, keys etc but he definitely does.
He has started giving them to me to look after and is trying to be more careful.

Fekko Mon 23-Oct-17 17:39:24

We had a box... it's full of bloody Pokemon cards now!

We've turned his room upside down. Apart from finding a hell of a lot of pop bottles and sweet wrappers secreted the place (and the lazy do and do has a bin) no watch, phone or pencil case.

He just drops things where the land and will step over it rather than put it away. He's a great lad but grrrrrrrr!

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Oct-17 17:41:42

I think at that age their brains are so full of other stuff that they just get a bit absent minded.

It did get better for us. They are both pretty good now. Older DS is living away and is being super careful with his belongings.

Have you checked his school bag?

Fekko Mon 23-Oct-17 17:42:56

All bags and lockers emptied (yuk yuk yuk). He will keep every bloody gum wrapper since year 1 but can't hang onto his watch.

Fekko Mon 23-Oct-17 17:43:46

Oh - phone has turned up! Waaay down the side of the bed under a box of junk.

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Oct-17 17:44:27

I am guessing you have done all the 'where did you last have them' thing?

Watch not in the bathroom is it? Taken it off to bath/shower?

Fekko Mon 23-Oct-17 17:58:55

Yup - and got 'I don't knoooooooooow!'

I've told him that if it's not found by the end of half term he has to replace it out if his own pocket. This caused a bit of grumbling but no looking!

MrsChanningTatum Wed 25-Oct-17 21:33:11

Oh goodness my son is exactly the same. Drives me potty. He has a Henry debit card and he must lose it about twice a week. He is not getting another one!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: