Talk

Advanced search

What to do about DD being bullied?

(2 Posts)
Babyiwantabump Sat 14-Oct-17 00:04:16

My DD has become increasingly upset this past week and it has emerged today that she is being bullied .

There are two groups of friends with whom she spoke to all of , and now something has happened (because of each groups dislike for the other) which means that neither group will speak to her and are actively excluding her throughout the day.

It has got to the point where she wants to move schools because she is so miserable .

She attends a private school if it makes any difference.

I have got the schools bullying policy and an going to email her form tutor tomorrow but is there anything else I can do? She is so miserable and she loved school before this happened .

Thanks

forcryinoutloud Tue 17-Oct-17 22:02:42

Sorry to hear this, I wonder how long it has been going on?
Try to keep positive with your DD and say now that you know you can help get it sorted out. It probably looks like a huge problem to her (how old?) but could be something that could easily get sorted with a chat to school. If they are quite young dramas blow up and down soooo easily, and even with older girls. Try not to add any drama yourself, just give lots of love and reassurance
I'm not sure whether private schools are any better or worse than state schools but one thing I would advise is write things down, what your DD says, how and when you communicate to school and school to you. Do not put up with any dragging of feet eg school saying they'll get back to you and vague offerings. Make sure they have a plan of action and a time line eg 'we will speak to x on Tuesday' and stick to it. My DDs school have a tendency to not return calls (talking about other stuff, not bullying) or tell me a teacher will ring back or Head will ring and they don't. However if I got this attitude regarding bullying rest assured I would be down to the school knocking on the Head's door until I got in.

I hope things go smoothly for you and it gets sorted soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now