Advanced search

where to find help for Unruly 12 year old

(5 Posts)
monsterbike Fri 13-Oct-17 21:57:40

Can anyone advise where my daughter can get help with my granddaughter. She has tried going through the doctors, school, social services and various other agencies to try and get her counselling but with no luck. She is screaming out for help. Things are slowly escalating with her recently for the first time self harming. She is constantly in detention in school. Her behavior to her parents is appalling. She has recently been bullied at school too. But even though all this has been explained nobody thinks she needs help

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 16-Oct-17 20:15:36

Oh monster, that must be awful. I can’t be much help but I’ve found this on the NSPCC website.

What have the school done about the bullying?

monsterbike Tue 17-Oct-17 12:06:56

Thank you. School doesn't seem to be doing a lot. Because she is in trouble at school quite a bit I don't think they have a lot of patience with her.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 17-Oct-17 17:50:36

Even if they have little patience, which would be unprofessional to say the least. They should still have clear anti bullying policies which should help.

Will she talk to you?

Hoppinggreen Tue 17-Oct-17 17:54:31

When my 12 year old was having some difficulties ( self harm and anxiety) we sent here to a Private counsellor at £40 per hour.
I found a few on google and rang them up before going for the one I thought would be best
I don't know exactly what was discussed as I left them to it but DD felt it was helpful

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: