Talk

Advanced search

DD behaviour, anxiety and school refusal.

(6 Posts)
PooFlower Wed 04-Oct-17 10:56:18

Dd has felt sick, tired and achey since June. She changed from being outgoing to needing us to pick her up from social events due to feeling sick.
She has had bloodtests (all clear) so G.P thinks it is anxiety.
I have asked for her to be assessed for ADHD. She scores highly on online tests, especially for innattentiveness. She is often refuses to do things dispite clear consequences. Even as a young child time out ect never worked although up to now her behaviour has been managable.
She constantly forgets and loses things, has poor organisational skills, no concept of time. has episodes of manic behaviour, constant talking, making noises, fidgeting She also has slumps where she is sloth like, wont move or do anything. She lacks empathy and can be very quite selfish although she can be very kind too.
Getting her to school has been a struggle since Sept. I take all screens of her at 9:30pm (no tv or ipad at all if she misses school.) She wont go to sleep and keeps putting her light on.
She is then a nightmare to get up at 7am. I have to stay with her and help her dress and do her hair or she wont go to school.
This morning she hit me because I took her quilt off her when she would not get up.

I would be grateful for any advice on this.

Caulkheadupnorf Wed 04-Oct-17 11:00:51

How old is she?

PooFlower Wed 04-Oct-17 11:54:35

She is 13 and in year nine.

PooFlower Fri 06-Oct-17 09:48:47

I have managed to get her into school everyday this week but it has been very hard.
Her behaviour seems worst than ever at the moment.
She climbed up on the stair banister and wouldn't move when Grandma was coming down on her stairlift the other day.
Whilst her behaviour has alway been odd and impulsive and you have to tell her 10 times she usually does as she is told eventually. Could this extreme behaviour be anxiety related?
Her 5 year old sister is so different and as she gets older it highlights how dd1s behaviour isn't normal. Dd2 just gets things that dd1 never has. DD1 can't pick up when she is annoying people so has a lot of fall outs with friends. She is terribly competitive with her sister and always has to get one over her even though she is only five.
She thinks we favour dd2. We don't at all and I always try to do nice things with dd1. She is funny, bright and bubbly when she isn't being stroppy but it's like she has to make a conscious effort to behave herself and she can't do it at the moment for some reason.

Caulkheadupnorf Fri 06-Oct-17 10:02:10

How are the school supporting, and are you waiting on a CAMHS referral?

PooFlower Fri 06-Oct-17 10:37:37

School are being really helpful. They have offered her the school counsellor but she refuses to go. They are also allowing her to come in late if she feels unwell in the morning.
We are waiting for a paediatric appointment for an ADHD assessment at the moment so haven't been referred to CAHMS yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now