Advanced search

Teeager being abused

(3 Posts)
kinter Tue 30-May-17 16:49:14

My daughter wants to know what to do about a friend whose parents are allegedly emotionally and physically abusing her.

What should I tell her?

beccii161016 Thu 01-Jun-17 08:48:28

How awful! How old is the girl?

If she's older, she can go to a women's refuge which is extreme but she'd be away from them and they wouldn't know where she was.
If she's younger, she just needs to tell someone, anyone. A teacher, the police directly.
It would be worth phoning social services and explaining what your daughter has told you. The only danger being that if they don't find anything the parents might take it out on the daughter.
Do you know this girl at all? Does she have any other family she can rely on? The best course of action would be for her to go to the police and stay at someone else's house for a while, preferably where her parents can't find her

Northernsoul58 Thu 01-Jun-17 10:41:34

Suggest that the friend ring Childline for support and advice. Also to talk to her teachers if that feels possible. No child, yours or her friend, should be left to deal with this - even if it's exaggerated by the friend it is disturbing for them both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: