Talk

Advanced search

Ds 15 goaded by kids from another school

(3 Posts)
Chocolatecake12 Wed 17-May-17 17:36:52

Hi
I'm posting as my ds 15 was chatting with his friend at the end of our road, there's a small green, and a group of lads from another school came over and asked if they wanted to fight, they said no but the other lads persisted and tried to wind them up by taking ds's bag. Ds stood his ground and said no he's not fighting and the others gave him his bag back but were still hanging around.
Ds was scared - too scared to come to our house as he didn't want these lads to know where he lived.
He went to his friends and I collected him from there.
He was scared to come home by himself in case the lads were still there.
I've talked to him and said how proud I am that he didn't fight. I've says that if he feels vulnerable like that again he can call the police. I've suggested he speaks to his explorer group to arrange a self defence class or get someone into the group to speak to them about what they do in these situations.
Have I missed anything? Is there anything else I can do or say?

OddBoots Wed 17-May-17 17:42:32

Were these lads any he or his friend recognised?

I would suggest he lets someone (a form tutor?) at his school know in case it is part of a pattern of things, if he and his friend could do it together that would be good. If he doesn't feel up to talking to them directly himself maybe you could write a brief note that he could pass along.

It's not unusual to have inter-school 'rivalry' that comes out this way and for some reason it seems more common at the moment - I know around here the heads often meet and this is the kind of thing they discuss so they can work together to nip it in the bud so they like to know early rather than if it were to escalate.

Chocolatecake12 Wed 17-May-17 18:44:59

Yes that's a good idea thank you.

He did recognise one of the boys from the group but not the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now