Talk

Advanced search

mixed sex sleepovers

(4 Posts)
tactum Thu 11-May-17 19:39:19

at 14. Gut feel please??????? There would be more girls than boys. A dozen kids all together. Separated into single sex room, 2 floors apart. Obviously I wouldn't sleep a wink all night!!!

I think they're sensible, I think there won't be alcohol but as a parent what would you do? The jury is definitely out. Kids are sensible, no relationships ongoing.

Have said I am considering it, but it would definitely not happen next year or year after. Have also said I would need to check with all parents beforehand and make them aware. There is a particular reason for the party this year and the boys in question won't be able to come if they don't stay over.

WWYD????

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 11-May-17 19:42:26

If they're a solid friend group that do everything together I'd be tempted to allow but with all the caveats that you listed and also ensure that all other parents are aware.

I think it normalises friendships between the sexes. It shouldn't be such a big thing.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 11-May-17 19:42:38

Mine have done this from 14. Just stayed up chatting in our sitting room.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 11-May-17 19:43:57

My ds still has mixed sleepovers at 17. All purely platonic friendships.
He has shown he is trustworthy over his teen years!!
But they have to start somewhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now