Talk

Advanced search

Why do teens make you feel.....

(16 Posts)
crackalacking Tue 25-Apr-17 20:28:41

Like mega proud one minute and the next wonder what on earth made them loose it this time!!
The mood swings are incredible ..... need booze !!! wine

Howaboutthat Wed 26-Apr-17 16:00:36

I know exactly what you mean!! DS1 is 16 and the last 6-9 months have been horrendous. We have clashed on so many occasions and he has even smashed his bedroom door in in fury sad.

I'm praying that it is a "phase" as I can't take much more of it sad

chocolateworshipper Wed 26-Apr-17 16:24:21

I like to blame the hormonal changes and the fact that teenage brains are undergoing massive changes. It doesn't make it that much easier, but does help a little to know that it isn't all my fault!

Sparklingbrook Wed 26-Apr-17 16:25:46

DS1 is nearly 18. He seems to be out the other side and very reasonable. DS2 is 15 and it's a bit up and down.

C0RAL Wed 26-Apr-17 16:26:28

The only thing that keeps me vaguely sane is knowing that I'm not the only one ....

crunched Wed 26-Apr-17 16:33:21

DD2 (17) on a University visit today.

Text one: 14.37 ' Had a great tour with a current student doing the same course I want. Will fill u in laters'

Text two: 14.52 'There is no way I am going to this shitehole'

confused

badasahatter Wed 26-Apr-17 21:17:51

I am sat sobbing at the moment. So tired of putting up with shit off my 16 year old and treading on eggshells. Tonight I told her I wasn't talking to her anymore until she starts talking to me like a proper human being instead of the piece of crap she keeps treating me as. Now I feel guilty. I know she's got exams but so sick of being talked down to.

girlandboy Wed 26-Apr-17 21:25:30

DS's (16) mood swings have coincided with my menopausal ones! And it's 90% down to him that I'm on anti-depressants sad

badasahatter Wed 26-Apr-17 21:46:18

Girlandboy...I'm perimenopausal and dd is 16. We have been treading on eggshells sInce she was 13. I am so close to going to the doctors just to get some help. I feel so low with it.

girlandboy Wed 26-Apr-17 22:10:27

badasahatter - treading on eggshells is right! I can't stand being in my own house a lot of the time. I've never been on so many solitary country walks just so I can leave it all behind for a while.

But the Citalopram that the doctor prescribed seems to work. It obviously doesn't make DS's attitude any better, but it makes me feel a lot more indifferent to it! I'm beginning to feel a bit "meh" to his behaviour, which I don't know if that's a good thing really, but it makes it easier to cope and detach my feelings about him.

I can't be doing with walking on eggshells in my own home!

badasahatter Wed 26-Apr-17 22:21:46

Bonkers isn't it. I am told it gets better. I bloody hope so. Fed up with asking where did I go wrong???

girlandboy Wed 26-Apr-17 22:39:48

I also have a 21 year old DD. She had her moments but nothing on the scale of DS.
I keep telling myself that this too will pass!
Either that or I leave home for 5 years wink

123rd Wed 26-Apr-17 22:49:40

My DD is 13 but oh my goodness. Her mood swings are horrendous. It's like a version of ( comedy)manic depressive type behaviour. And I don't mean that in a patronising way. I mean comedy because the things they get stressed over is laughable.
It's all soooo much. Tonight she uttered the immortal words" I hate my life" well, actually she screamed them. At me. I wouldn't have minded quite so much had she uttered hmm

badasahatter Wed 26-Apr-17 23:19:55

I'd love an utter or two. Or a scream. I have non verbal the majority of the time. Eye rolling and condescension when there is a response and utter thoughtlessness vs high demands the balance of the time. I'm throwing my tiptoe she's away and getting my Docs out.

crackalacking Fri 05-May-17 21:20:39

My DD is 16 and for 3 yrs she has been an utter nightmare ....so much so I wanted her to move out !! But there wasn't anywhere for her to go . My son is 19 and he had a awkward moody phase but she is on another level. I have another son aged 10 and will have to go through it all again.....help !!

user1494842325 Fri 19-May-17 20:33:37

It's so hard my16 year old son & myself clash so much it's awful I can't believe how often I cry.... I know I was bad when a teenager but my mum was brilliant & I never saw her get like I do. Although I was the youngest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now