Talk

Advanced search

Photo's

(7 Posts)
user1492248367 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:54:21

Hi. I used to be on Mumsnet alot when my children were younger so bear with me, if l have got the wrong thread.

My daughter is 13 years old and we are very close. She leaves her ipad, phone etc downstairs when she goes to bed. She also lets us have her password if we feel the need to check.

Yesterday she showed me a photo of a 13 year old girl (in year 8) at another school. She only knows her through a friend of a friend that goes to this girls school. The girl concerned is taking photo's of herself laying on the bed and showing her breasts (and her face) and then sending them to people on social media. I was horrified that this girl was doing this. Apparently she is allowed to have a boyfriend in sixth form, so l am not sure if the parents would really be bothered.

My concern is the fact that this photo's are being circulated and actually my concern is more with this girl exposing herself like this at her age.

Is this really any of my business or should l speak to someone about it. It is really playing on my mind.

Thank you in advance

Rainbowqueeen Sat 15-Apr-17 10:56:16

I would speak to the girls school. Ask to speak to someone in safeguarding.

user1492248367 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:04:23

Thanks Rainbowqueeen x

AnyFucker Sat 15-Apr-17 11:07:22

Speak to the school safeguarding officer. They will keep it confidential.

Poor girl, what on earth is she thinking ?

user1492248367 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:09:54

Thanks Anyfucker

Hulababy Sat 15-Apr-17 11:10:17

She needs speaking too as what's she is doing is actually illegal anyway as she is underage. It's making, possessing and sharing illegal images.

Hulababy Sat 15-Apr-17 11:14:18

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/indecent-images-of-children-guidance-for-young-people/indecent-images-of-children-guidance-for-young-people

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now