Talk

Advanced search

Going back on acne meds

(4 Posts)
JustDanceAddict Tue 11-Apr-17 20:43:28

DD was taking lymecycline last year for her spots. It did a good job but she's been off it since August and they've recently returned. I thought it was cos she was on, but they're still lingering. I'm
Going to try and get a GP appt for her asap but wondered if you can actually be prescribed the same antibiotics again or they'll try her with something else. They're mainly on her back/shoulders dhichbisnt great for summer and she's self-conscious.,

WankersHacksandThieves Wed 12-Apr-17 00:01:51

I'd just get her the appointment. The Dr will be able to say if she can take the same antibiotic again or whether she needs something different. DS1 was taking lymecycline for about 9 months but it did nothing for him, he is now on Erythromycin (still not doing anything but he has an appointment to try Roaccutane at the end of May) DS2 is on the same and it does seem to be helping a little but he hasn't tried the Lymecycline. he has an appointment with the dermatologist soon so might be moved onto something else. Sometimes I think they are lucky and get something that works straight away, otherwise it's a bit of a hit or miss situation.

I hope she gets something sorted.

JustDanceAddict Fri 14-Apr-17 23:03:08

Tx. Dh used roaccutaine in his 20s but that really would be the last resort. She does have the same pattern of back/shoulder acne like he had and he is very scarred so I want to avoid that for her.

ImADadButThatsOKIsntIt Sat 15-Apr-17 00:19:05

If it worked before without any side-effects lymecycline will be their natural instinct I imagine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now