Talk

Advanced search

Prom Suit for Skinny Teen Boy?

(14 Posts)
simbobs Sun 02-Apr-17 20:06:30

Title self-explanatory really. Any suggestions for where to buy a suit for a really skinny, long-legged teen? We are talking 34" inside leg on a teeny waist. I would prefer not to have to do alterations, if possible. Someone out there must have had the shopping nightmare before...please?

LIZS Sun 02-Apr-17 20:09:15

Topman or Next

lottachocca Mon 03-Apr-17 09:32:12

I shop for my very skinny teen at River Island...they do a 26inch waist with variable trouser length.

Anasnake Mon 03-Apr-17 09:33:27

Following as I own one of those too !

simbobs Mon 03-Apr-17 10:59:31

I get his jeans from River Island but didn't realise that they did suits. I think I will look in a larger branch as stock in ours is very limited. It is true that they do a 26" waist but hardly any styles actually come in the 34" leg length. I always have to order to collect in store. I just looked on their website and the suit I though he might go for only has a long leg length on 30" waist upwards.

lottachocca Mon 03-Apr-17 11:10:21

I order online too, have found different styles are different sizes even when all meant to be 26. Ds is actually 24 inch waist 32 inch leg - it's so hard to dress skinny and tall!

lottachocca Mon 03-Apr-17 11:26:41

It's quite trendy for boys to wear ankle skimmers now. DS often wears overly short trousers with ankle boots - it looks quite cool, imo.

simbobs Mon 03-Apr-17 11:38:42

I wouldn't fancy buying a suit in that style. I had a look at Next and most of their suit trousers start a 28" waist., which will probably be too big. Boys have a limited ability to trawl around shops, so I was hoping someone else would have cracked this to limit the amount of trying on etc to be done.

simbobs Mon 03-Apr-17 11:42:16

Topman suit trousers seem to start at a 30" waist and are too expensive. I wanted something that could be worn to prom and a wedding, and then possibly worn separately for 6th form.

janknitti Mon 03-Apr-17 14:40:35

Asos are good. Look now though as they will sell out of matching bits for the suits soon.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 04-Apr-17 14:13:06

Primark

Ujjayi Wed 05-Apr-17 02:57:13

Bear in mind that Topman cut small for sizes & therefore a "skinny fit" will usually be a smart, neat fit on teens who are very slim. So a 30" skinny fit trouser is in reality more likely to fit a 26-28" comfortably. My DS is 6'2" & has had good fit with this type of cut when he was a 26-28" waist. Also from Next. Topman have a sale on at the moment.

operaha Wed 05-Apr-17 07:14:54

Next definitely did a 26 last summer when i had the same requirements for my son. So tall and skinny!!

simbobs Wed 05-Apr-17 08:11:40

I will definitely check them out. Big shopping trip needed, I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now