Talk

Advanced search

should I confront 15 year old daughter about finding condoms and rizzlas in her room?

(3 Posts)
wearymum22 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:01:26

Am looking from help from any parents who have experienced similar situations.

I found a condom in my daughters underwear drawer when putting clean washing away. I asked her about it and she said it belonged to a friend who had just started seeing a new boy. I told her that she could speak to me if it really was hers and that I didn't have a problem about taking sensible precautions but she insisted that it wasn't hers.

Have just now found two more condoms and a cigarette packet with rizzla papers and a lighter which leads me to think she might be smoking dope.

She is obviously lying to me but not sure how to approach things with her. I have always been very open but she has always been very secretive and embarrassed to talk about sex etc. She is my oldest and will be 16 in a few months and about to do GCSE's so it's all very stressful - help!

Lasagna Mon 27-Mar-17 17:14:01

Why smoking dope rather than just normal smoking?

Marvellousmarg Mon 27-Mar-17 17:17:52

Just do a reminder with her. Show that you understand she is under a lot of pressure just now and then restate your house rules about these things.

ie. No dope in the house, sex illegal until you're over 16 or whatever rules you've agreed in your family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: