Talk

Advanced search

What kind of mothers day are you all having?

(36 Posts)
Redfluffysocks Sun 26-Mar-17 18:17:47

So far I've done washing, ironing, cleaning, washed car and prepared dinner. Had a text from dd, who is currently out having tea with her bf and his mum, but haven't seen her. Feeling a bit meh!

ggirl Sun 26-Mar-17 18:21:25

well that sucks !

My dd has sent a card and has something planned for next month .
ds 14 has reluctantly done loads of chores he doesn't normally do today , generally been sweet.

I'm sorry yours has been shit. Why is she with his mum ffs?

toriap2 Sun 26-Mar-17 18:25:09

Dd has a damaged arm so business as usual here, she did however, spend 3 hours chilling with me watching tv instead of hiding in her bedroom so I'm calling it a win. I got a lovely card and picture she had made and a promise to pamper me when she is better,

Helenluvsrob Sun 26-Mar-17 18:25:13

One card one phone call from the 2 at uni. Brownies , candles and a cathedral service with the youngest - who has now gone to her boyf band concert 😂

MaximumVolume Sun 26-Mar-17 18:31:38

Well, I've spent the day with my 2 (2 & 4), but it's not been very restful as DH is on BIL's stag do. He's about 30 minutes away now & it's 30 minutes until bedtime! grin Great timing, DH!

I did get really spoilt with a bought card, a made card each & a delivery of flowers. And largely good behaviour.

MaximumVolume Sun 26-Mar-17 18:32:38

Oops, just realised it's in teenagers topic. Sorry for gatecrashing. It came up in active conversations.

reallyanotherone Sun 26-Mar-17 18:33:55

It's mothers day?

Dd brought a card home from school on friday, but that's as much notice as it's got here.

ggirl Sun 26-Mar-17 18:35:00

OP you should tell your daughter if you're hurt.

Redfluffysocks Sun 26-Mar-17 18:38:22

Well dd spends most of her time with her bf and wants to be where he is. I'm not high on her list I'm afraid and even when she is at home, she's in her bedroom.

Sadik Sun 26-Mar-17 18:39:32

I got tea in bed, which I thought was particularly kind as it's also dd's birthday! Also a hug and a handpainted card smile We ate multi-purpose cake (birthday / mothers day) with my DM for elevenses.

However I have to say entirely heartlessly the best thing is that ex-H is hosting dd's birthday party this evening so I don't have to deal with a bunch of socially awkward teenagers who don't quite know what to do with themselves or get her off to school tomorrow morning for her exams grin (only internal fortunately)

LorraLorraLlama Sun 26-Mar-17 18:44:53

My 18yo who is away posted me a card.
My 15yo fid wish me hsppy muothersday when i got home from work. She said earlier in the week she eas going to take me out but Dad has gone away eitjout giving her any money. Not bothered about going out but dhe gets £50 a month an had anothr £20 last week from grsndparents so a card could have been affordable.
Whst really bothers me is the fact shes been in her room all day.sad
Its the same as any other day.
What i really want more than anything is for her to be happy again and not act like dhe hates me. sad

Waxlyrically Sun 26-Mar-17 18:45:27

Ive had a Facebook message from DD at uni and a mumbled happy Mother's Day from DS when he surfaced at 2. Not bothered by it all though - luckily!

Bombaybunty Sun 26-Mar-17 19:05:25

My DS is away on a school ski trip. He left me a present (forgot to write the card!). He sent messages from France.
DH has cooked me dinner.

That's good enough for me! smile

Redfluffysocks Sun 26-Mar-17 19:07:16

ggirl I am hurt but I am trying to be adult and sensible about it and I don't think it would do our fragile relationship much good by making a big deal out of it. On the positive side, ds gave me a lovely card and present when he was last home from uni, so at least one person appreciates me smile

dietstartsmonday Sun 26-Mar-17 19:25:16

It's my birthday too and all 3 teenagers have excelled themselves with lovely gifts and a family dog walk.
They have done chores but now hiding in bedrooms again. I am happy though

dementedma Sun 26-Mar-17 19:29:07

dd2 took me to the cinema to see Beauty and the Beast (which is excellent by the way). DD1 made a cake, got cards from both dds and one from ds, and a pretty bangle with poppies on from the dds. All good.

PickAChew Sun 26-Mar-17 19:30:02

Have had several run ins with my 13yo, today. He's being even more rigid and obstreperous than usual for a Sunday and ds2 has been helping him along a bit. Needless to say, I've been mostly feeling like a good cry.

Imgettingdesparatehere Sun 26-Mar-17 19:33:00

Cheesy card from DS1 at uni (his words). DS2 & 3 served Coffee at 8.30 to my bed & breakfast at 9.15.& an orchid as a gift We went for a beach walk all before 11.30. This is major they are 16 & 17 & normally sleep as long as they can. They have also cooked dinner & made Rocky road, all without intervention from their dad who is away.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 26-Mar-17 19:38:43

I came down to a card and cookery book from DS (and card from DH). DSS has texted me (he's on holiday with his fiancee) and said he will bring my card and present round when he's back. DS has spent all day in his room doing coursework and watching football, I've been out to see my mum and nan, and take my sister to the police station to do an identity parade for a crime she witnessed. Just chilling now while DH colours my hair.

GetAHaircutCarl Sun 26-Mar-17 19:44:20

Quite emotional here.

DD (17) works in the US currently and I git back from dinner to find her sitting in the kitchen.

Today has been lovely, but now she has to leave again on Wednesday. DH suggests I fly back with her and stay a few days.

I need the work out whether she wants that though.

Ragwort Sun 26-Mar-17 19:48:45

I had a lovely card and a hug from DS (16) - he has been especially nice to me all day grin and DH cooked us all a BBQ dinner which was lovely and cleared up. I've just had a bath with a glass of Prosecco and we are settling down to watch Vera together. Ha ha - sounds incredibly dull and middle aged when you read that.

Schoolchauffeur Sun 26-Mar-17 19:52:37

DD (21) and DS 19 both away at uni although both living in nearest city. DS is working today, so DH arranged for us and DC plus DDs lovely boyfriend to go out for dinner last night which was lovely. The DCs had clubbed together and got me some gifts relevant to a hobby I have and another craft kit. I didn't see them today as DS at work and DD went with boyfriend to see his mum, which is fine as I saw her last night anyway. dH got me tea, juice and toast in bed and the two of us have had a quiet day enjoying the sun, few glasses of wine.
It's been a good Mothers Day.

Mrskeats Sun 26-Mar-17 19:53:50

I have had a lovely day
I got a nice present and my oldest came back from uni for the weekend
Then we went out for afternoon tea with my mum and sister and niece
I got my mum a pressie too and we got a bottle of wine each from the tea room which was v nice
My partner went to see his mum then did lots of stuff around the house so it looks nice
I love my family

jimijack Sun 26-Mar-17 19:54:17

Bought myself a new car, of and had a bath all to myself...bliss!

Sat and had a coffee watching my lot tuck into a McDonald's as I'm at slimming world so couldn't have anything.

Done a mountain of ironing, two loads of washing, cooked a Sunday roast, hoovered upstairs and down, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, sorted laundry,
Meal planned and did the shopping fir the week, average Sunday really.

The thing that has affected me most today is giving a massive hug and kiss to my lovely friends son who is 13, she died 6 years ago. I told him I'm not your mum, but I am a mum and every kid deserve a hug from a mum on mother's,day. He beamed from ear to ear, bless him, took all my strength to not sob and wail.

crookedhooker Sun 26-Mar-17 19:57:24

Brilliant best ever. We are skint as I had to leave work late last year due to illness so DH made up a picnic and took us outo three whole miless away to our local National Trust place. In true DH'S style it was a DIY type with packets of ham and cooked chIcken and tins or cartons of juice from the fridge it was so simple but thoughtful. DS had a ball too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now