Ds ( 17 ) spotted by model agency. WWYD?

(10 Posts)
surferjet Sun 19-Mar-17 21:41:17

Totally legit London based agency, ds very laid back about it - should I just let him decide what to do or put him off?

iremembericod Sun 19-Mar-17 21:42:58

Think it could be a nice earner for him through uni....if he's going....if not, then great experience for a few years

Fruitboxjury Sun 19-Mar-17 21:45:33

If I were you I would try to research pros and cons, maybe talk to someone with experience, and let him make his own choice. There are afterall many degrees and types of modelling from occasional promo work for some extra cash, to full blown couture shows and shoots. I think overall for me it would depend on my DCs self esteem and whether they are robust enough to accept all the bad with the good.

DaffodilTime Sun 19-Mar-17 21:45:58

I would ask him how he feels about it, and if necessary find out more to be able to advise him safely through it if he wants to go ahead? I hope it goes well!

khajiit13 Sun 19-Mar-17 21:46:29

Leave it to him. If you're sure it's legit, it could earn him some money for driving lessons, uni etc!

123rd Sun 19-Mar-17 21:52:11

Friends son had that happen to him. He just went with it...& it has kept going. Seems to be forever travelling back & forth ... Nyc, Milan, London. All sorts. But I must say, doesn't seem to be making any money out of it!!! Unless friends aren't telling!

surferjet Sun 19-Mar-17 21:52:45

Thanks everyone - yes totally legit agency, I just don't want him getting emotionally hurt as he is very shy/quiet. But he seems quite keen to give it a try so I feel I should support him. If it comes to nothing at least it's a bit of experience.

Fruitboxjury Sun 19-Mar-17 21:55:54

And gives him a lot of kudos with the ladies! I would talk to him about whether he feels able to take criticism of his appearance, from friends of mine who have worked in modelling it seems like you're scrutinised for everything. Perhaps you could talk to the agency about how they manage the emotional impact on their models?

onthettcbus Sun 19-Mar-17 21:58:52

It might improve his confidence, you never know.

surferjet Sun 19-Mar-17 22:05:07

It's funny what you say about confidence because he always feels a bit conscious of his height - he's 6.3 & very slim, maybe this will do him good. ( fingers crossed )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now