Talk

Advanced search

What to do

(8 Posts)
restlessat50 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:28:31

My 15 year old DD has announced to me and her Dad she has been invited to go on holiday to Spain in the summer with the 'new' boyfriend, his Dad (who he doesn't live with), his daugther (from another relationship) and his grandparents. I am really not keen as I don't know the family, although we have met the BF on several occasions and he seems quite responsible (also 15) she says she will be in a seperate room etc. She says we can meet the family etc (I have met the Dad I wasn't all that taken with him - he turned up v. late to take her to a restaurant w the BF without letting us know and was quite rude to us both). My gut feeling is that she shouldn't go my husband thinks the same (which is not always the case). She is v. upset as she thinks we don't trust her, I suggested maybe another girl goes but she didn't like that idea. She is going on 2 other holidays with friends and their famillies plus holidays with us in the summer so she is not missing out. I think 15 is too young to go as a 'girlfriend' especially with a family I have never met properly.

I would love to hear other people's opinions thanks

frenchfancy Fri 17-Mar-17 22:33:59

I agree with you. Under 16 is too young.

Leggit Fri 17-Mar-17 22:54:40

Nothing to do with being under 16. Going on holiday with people you barely know and putting yourself in a vulnerable position is wrong at any age.

Floofborksnootandboop Sun 19-Mar-17 11:52:06

Have I misunderstood, her 15 year old boyfriend has a daughter? Not being judgy of course, jut didn't understand that part.

No I wouldn't let her go. My DD is now 16 and I would only just now consider letting her go on holiday with a boyfriend and I'd say I'm pretty laid back.

lljkk Sun 19-Mar-17 15:45:05

it's about not trusting the supposed adult in charge, not about trusting your DD (or not). She won't have an adult in the vicinity you believe will support her... as well as being abroad where there will be different rules.

That's the line I would draw with DD. Is there a.. .compensation activity you can offer? See more of boyf. in mean time on your dime? Cinema outings or something?

yaela123 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:10:31

I probably wouldn't let her go, especially as you don't know the family.

Also, am I misunderstanding this or does the 15yo boyfriend have a daughter?

19lottie82 Fri 24-Mar-17 22:47:09

I understand it as "the daughter" (from
Another relationship) is the boyfriends fathers daughter, ie the boyfriends half sister.

ImperialBlether Fri 24-Mar-17 22:50:07

Of course the daughter isn't the 15 year old's! The Op would have had more to say about that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now