Talk

Advanced search

Is my son using drugs?

(14 Posts)
funkychick1974 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:29:05

My son is 15 years old, and had a - shall we say - 'colourful' upbringing as he was raised by his mackem father. His father was a drunk and a coward and after years of fighting I have finally been given custody. I was cleaning my son's room when in one of his drawers I found a small spoon attached to a necklace. I confronted him about it, and he told me it's just a necklace. Now, I am no fool. I've listened to Fleetwood mac. I know people use these small Spoons to sniff cocaine. I'm at a loss. My world has collapsed beneath me. My son is a drug addict, as well as a mackem. Where do I go from here?

PacificDogwod Wed 15-Mar-17 21:31:13

hmm

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:32:40

Poor you - a mackem dc is no joking matter.
Seriously though have you had any cause to suspect drug abuse being your discovery?

bluejelly Wed 15-Mar-17 21:32:42

Don't jump to conclusions. There's lots of druggy paraphernalia like that in places like Camden Market. Mostly bought by people who don't go drugs but like to look 'edgy' (think cannabis leaf t-shirts).

If you found bags of white powder that would be a different matter I reckon!

reallyanotherone Wed 15-Mar-17 21:35:38

Be positive man, at least he's not a smoggie.

ClimbingTheNorthFace Wed 15-Mar-17 21:35:49

What has being a Mackem got to do with it?

MidnightVelvetthe7th Wed 15-Mar-17 21:35:51

What is a mackem?!

Your son is not his father, stop judging like he is, its possible that the spoon is just jewellery.

Just the spoon would not convince me that there was an addiction or even drug using going on...you don't need any special equipment for cocaine, just a flat surface really.

You're leaping to accusations very quickly considering you sound like he hasn't lived with you very long. Maybe trust him a bit first.

I found out about my ex's cocaine addiction by finding little clear plastic bags in his pockets after a night out, there were no spoons involved.

TheHiphopopotamus Wed 15-Mar-17 21:41:34

What's a mackem?!

I agree the spoon isn't evidence enough for drug use. Are there any other signs?

PacificDogwod Wed 15-Mar-17 21:42:39

Try to build a relationship with him.
Whether or not he is taking drugs, accusing him of all sorts won't help.
The mackem thing? There's no hope grin

ClimbingTheNorthFace Wed 15-Mar-17 21:43:25

I thought it was a person from Sunderland?

GotToGetMyFingerOut Wed 15-Mar-17 21:47:36

What's a Mackem?

He could be yeah does he have access to funds to buy it? You are talking about forty quid a gram. Although him and some pals could chip in. Is he drinking yet?

Hassled Wed 15-Mar-17 21:48:24

If you've listened to Fleetwood Mac then I'm quite sure your suspicions are correct. Don't stop thinking about tomorrow - that's all the advice I have.

PacificDogwod Wed 15-Mar-17 22:01:04

OMG, I've listened to Fleetwood Mac too and I am not a coke head shock
Where have i gone wrong?! <wrings hands>

Hassled Wed 15-Mar-17 22:46:05

You can never break the chain, Pacific.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now