Talk

Advanced search

Teens and exams

(2 Posts)
ginorwine Sat 04-Mar-17 14:13:24

Dd doing a levels v soon
She really wants to go to a particular Russel group uni - for this she really needs good grades .
She works hard at times and at others gets into seeing her boyfriend , parties , trips out as well as her job 2 nights a week . She is mostly focussed but when she gets out of routine and I gently remind her she says " stop going on etc "
She is doing well but I don't think she can comprehend that to get a grades ( is predicted 3 X b at present ) she may need to do more .. whilst I appriciated she is trying hard -and I don't want nag her - I don't want her to be disappointed - also is it my job to be behind her , or shall I just let her get on with it ?
( I mean jyst do background support such as good food , be around etc rather than push her a little )

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 04-Mar-17 14:19:46

Maybe offer to go through her revision timetable with her so you can make sure she has appropriate meals and she can actually see written down how much time she needs to be giving? I would remind her exams are a small sacrifice to bigger things!! It is your duty as a parent who can see the bigger picture to give her a shove imo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now