Talk

Advanced search

What would you feed a party of 13YO girls?

(47 Posts)
JustSpeakSense Tue 28-Feb-17 13:47:50

Having my DD's birthday party (12 girls) and a mass sleepover this weekend.

Help me decide what to feed them!

DD says margarita pizzas for everyone will be fine. (Mum don't fuss!)

I want to fill them up with food they enjoy, but not end up over catering...help!?

Also stumped for good breakfast ideas.

empirerecordsrocked Tue 28-Feb-17 13:48:52

Pizza - your DD is right.

Pancakes or bacon sandwiches.

TealStar Tue 28-Feb-17 13:50:42

Ha! Same here! 12 of 'em 🙄

Pizza it is. I have been briefed to only by the deep pan margaritas from Lidl. I am also stocking up on fizzy drinks and ice cream smile

TealStar Tue 28-Feb-17 13:50:58

*buy not by!!

TealStar Tue 28-Feb-17 13:51:43

Agree with pancakes or bacon sandwiches... Costco do an excellent batter mix for mass catering...

d270r0 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:52:06

Yep, pizza and chips. I'd do a few different pizzas, not all margaritas, but keep them fairly kid friendly

BigbyWolf Tue 28-Feb-17 13:54:19

Your dd is right. Pizza. Always pizza!

And Ice cream for pudding and cereal and toast for breakfast. Make it as easy as possible for yourself.

Hope your dd has a good time!

esiotrot2015 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:55:05

Yep pizza

Toast for breakfast

KatyBerry Tue 28-Feb-17 13:55:22

my DD went to a party that had margarita pizza AND nuggets / chips / peas AND garlic bread and declared it to be the greatest spread ever

JustSpeakSense Tue 28-Feb-17 14:05:10

KatyBerry you have just raised the bar grin

NapQueen Tue 28-Feb-17 14:06:36

Pizza. Mozarella sticks. Pringles.

Bfast of bacon sandwiches and pain au choc

ScarlettFreestone Tue 28-Feb-17 14:07:42

I'd do pizza and lots of salady type things for dinner and pancakes or croissants and fruit for breakfast.

Bluntness100 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:11:03

Pizza, garlic bread, and a shed load of chocolate and crisps. Bacon /sausages and scrambled eggs next morning, with some rolls or croissants and they can make their own up.

Lots of pop and water for evening and water and orange juice for morning.

You'd be surprised what teenage girls can put away. My daughters friends were tiny and would eat like they hadn't seen food in a month. Always astonished me. 😂

NapQueen Tue 28-Feb-17 14:13:46

Even easier - order pizza from takeaway rather than supermarket. No cooking involved.

mouldycheesefan Tue 28-Feb-17 14:14:45

Pizzas as she said.
Sweetie buffet or magnums.
Toast or cereal for breakfast
Easy.

FrenchLavender Tue 28-Feb-17 14:20:37

I would do loads of pizza too, but perhaps also some trays of mixed dips with carrot and pepper sticks, tortilla chips etc, and some Magnums.

I would keep breakfast simple - don't cook. Get a load of croissants, plain and chocolate, or maybe bagels, warm them in the oven for a bit. Put out a couple of types of cereal and some Swiss cheese slices and ham.

BastardBloodAndSand Tue 28-Feb-17 14:22:34

Pizza.

Huge sack of nuggets

Huge sack of those Iceland, KFC type chicken wings things

Bag of sausage rolls

A selection of nandos sauces

Maybe some cherry tomatoes to prevent scurvy 😂😂😂

Purplebluebird Tue 28-Feb-17 14:30:01

Pizza, crisps and chocolate. Melon perhaps as a snack smile

JustSpeakSense Tue 28-Feb-17 17:29:27

Thanks for the ideas, I think general consensus is food high in fat, high in carbohydrate and lots of it! grin

motherinferior Tue 28-Feb-17 17:50:51

Pizza.

Garlic bread.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH SALAD.

motherinferior Tue 28-Feb-17 17:52:05

Oh yes, magnums.

I would just get in loads of croissants and suchlike for breakfast. Again, I wouldn't bother with fruit.grin

motherinferior Tue 28-Feb-17 17:54:47

And make it as easy for yourself as possible. They are 13. They will probably not appreciate efforts with dips etc. They will almost certainly not appreciate salad. They WILL appreciate crisps. And pringles.

I have two teenage girls.smile

christinarossetti Tue 28-Feb-17 17:55:52

If you've got bit of time to source some plastic sundae glasses, what about make your own knickerbocker glories for desert?

Buy a few different ice creams, chopped or tinned fruit, wafers, sprinkles heck even some cocktail parasols for the top if you fancy, and let them loose.

I think I'm going to do this for my 10 year old dd's birthday sleepover next month, and am fully expecting to go up a few notches in her estimation.

Brytie Tue 28-Feb-17 18:00:27

I did the sundae thing when my dd was 13. It went down well. Also pizza. I ordered takeaway though. You can always find a voucher to keep the cost lower.

SeeMyVest Tue 28-Feb-17 18:04:07

I did a sleepover for 12 boys and ended up spending a mortgage on dominos pizzas, chicken wings etc. Also got a load of popcorn, crisps, haribo. Breakfast was pastries and fresh fruit (no one ate the fruit) smile. Sleepovers aren't time for healthy eating by the way ha

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now