Talk

Advanced search

Bra interventionists - a First Bra question

(13 Posts)
GoodyGoodyGumdrops Fri 24-Feb-17 16:17:52

Dd only just developing, doesn't really need a bra for support yet, but very sensitive and finds clothing-rub uncomfortable. She's been wearing crop-tops, but wants something strappier, that won't show with wide-necked tops.

To give some idea of her size, she has a 2.5" difference between her rib and bust measurements.

Does she need to be properly fitted? She's feeling very bashful!

Lovelybangers Fri 24-Feb-17 16:20:27

You can help her measure herself at home

How about the Angel bras from M&S?

lljkk Sat 25-Feb-17 16:32:57

2.5 sounds like a lot... almost a c-cup, isn't it? Deffo go to M&S time.

treaclesoda Sat 25-Feb-17 16:35:15

I wouldn't take her to m&s because they'll be a disaster and put her in something that doesn't fit.

What does she measure around her ribs?

treaclesoda Sat 25-Feb-17 16:37:57

And 2 and a half inches doesn't sound like a lot to me. A c cup on a slim pre-teen or teenager will be a very small size.

SlimForSummer Sat 25-Feb-17 16:42:18

What is her rib measurement?

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Sat 25-Feb-17 18:09:04

We've been trying bras. Different makes she's 30" or 32", but too small for even an A cup.

Ended up buying some strappy crop-tops in the older girls section of H&M.

Mumissey Sun 26-Feb-17 07:57:35

M&S do a AA cup which, ironically is smaller than an A cup. Also, John Lewis do some nice soft bras - not padded or moulded (which to me seems like the same thing) like the M&S bras. That's what I started my daughter with.

SlimForSummer Sun 26-Feb-17 10:10:48

If she has a 2.5 inch difference but is too small for an A cup in a 30 or 32 inch band, that tells us the band is too big. What is her actual rib cage measurement?

PacificDogwod Sun 26-Feb-17 10:12:49

Yes, measure her just under her breast around her ribcage.
If there is a 2+in difference then she is NOT an A cup.
Don't get her measured at M+S - they do have nice braletts and the likes for smaller busts, but their measuring is abysmal.

PacificDogwod Sun 26-Feb-17 10:13:47

The Better Bra Campaign -follow the instructions here to measure her.

Wolpertinger Sun 26-Feb-17 10:19:25

Don't go to M+S - the fitting will be atrocious.

And if she has a 2.5 inch difference but not filling an A cup, she's in the wrong back size.

Can you post her actual measurements?

FairyAnn Wed 08-Mar-17 16:52:10

Try Littlewomen.com - they do aa and aaa cup bras

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now